HQ expansion? [spoilers]

A forum for people who have played the game concerning the Sun Rune War to answer gameplay questions.
Suikofan1088

HQ expansion? [spoilers]

Post by Suikofan1088 »

I'm afraid I might have lost the opportunity to reruit Byakuren. I read that you can fight him every time the HQ expands, but when exactly does the HQ expand, in terms of the story? I've already missed one opportunity... is there another?
Wraith

Re: HQ expansion? [spoilers]

Post by Wraith »

Suikofan1088 wrote:I'm afraid I might have lost the opportunity to reruit Byakuren. I read that you can fight him every time the HQ expands, but when exactly does the HQ expand, in terms of the story? I've already missed one opportunity... is there another?
Everytime you see the castle in a little movie thingy and you see the water level lowered then taht means it got upgraded.
Eyedol

Post by Eyedol »

Byakuren is one of the few SoDs that you have to try very hard to miss the chance to recruit. Of course, you need Genoh to recruit it.

The good thing is that Genoh doesn't need to be in your party or entourage to recruit Byakuren.

Once your castle reaches the 3rd expansion (water at its lowest), simply try to exit to Ceras Lake Ruins through the wooden bridge and Byakuren will show up.

On my first run into it, I didn't have Genoh recruited yet so it ran off after the battle. That opened up the opportunity to get good loot from that fight a few more times.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Genoh works for the snake, but so does Levi. His staff can talk to snakes, apparently.