Ernst's Rune *spoilers*

A forum for people who have played the game concerning the Sun Rune War to answer gameplay questions.
Falenan_descent

Ernst's Rune *spoilers*

Post by Falenan_descent »

Anyone notice that Ernst wields the "Beast rune". I wonder if this is a smaller, offset piece of the True Beast Rune. Definately neat, anyway. It'd explain why he's stuck in Beast form. Like he's somewhere between a reincarnation of a rune and a mutation.
Rivera

Post by Rivera »

This probably is more a plot and settings deal... but...

It's highly speculated that Ernst's Rune might be born of the Beast Rune. I believe that it's a translation error that causes it to be called that in the US - since it makes it sound like it's the same rune in Suikoden II.

They should have probably just recycled the Lycanthrope Rune name or used an offshoot name similar.
What is most important to you? Will you give me the happiness of taking it away from you?
killey

Post by killey »

Yes it's been confirmed by people who actually worked on Suikoden V's localization that it's an error.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

They really took the whole deal of Suikoden II retconned references a bit too far this time. "Beast Rune" and "Die Pig" to name a few. What else?
killey

Post by killey »

Some of the people who worked on the localization of Suikoden V are posting over at Their Star (link in my sig). The Beast Rune was just a mistake but the "Die Pigs" was basically a tribute to suikoden II and a way of saying thanks to the fans who stuck with the series.
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

killey wrote:Some of the people who worked on the localization of Suikoden V are posting over at Their Star (link in my sig). The Beast Rune was just a mistake but the "Die Pigs" was basically a tribute to suikoden II and a way of saying thanks to the fans who stuck with the series.
Tell those people to come to the Dark Side( Suikosource!), we have cookies.

Anyway I'm glad they put in a couple of S2 stuff in it. I liked the "Die Pig" to be honest, it shows you no one can match Luca Blight regardless of what drugg you take.