Basic questions from a new player RE: items/runes

A forum for people who have played the game concerning the Sun Rune War to answer gameplay questions.
VertexZero

Basic questions from a new player RE: items/runes

Post by VertexZero »

Im a new player to the Suikoden series but have experience in other games from similar genres. Im doing well so far but one thing is killing me - Can I consolidate similar items? I noticed some items are like Medicine5, 5 indicating quantity but is there any way I can combine the Medicine1s to free up space?

Next is runes, sometimes when I go to rune shops, even though I have the neccesary amount of orbs, I cant make scrolls. Why? Could this do with the item combination thing I mentioned? Also, how can i quickly find out what spells work with what runes? Thanks in advance and im sorry if these questions have been answered, I tried searching.
Last edited by VertexZero on Thu Apr 13, 2006 4:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
VertexZero

Post by VertexZero »

haha well, im sorry, the answers been in front of me this whole time, I figured out the sort button.

But what does the make scrolls option do exactly at rune shops?
warmaster670

Post by warmaster670 »

EDIT: make scroll allows you to amke scrolls out of your elemental runes im pretty sure
Eyedol

Re: Basic questions from a new player RE: items/runes

Post by Eyedol »

VertexZero wrote:Sometimes when I go to rune shops, even though I have the neccesary amount of orbs, I cant make scrolls. Why? Could this do with the item combination thing I mentioned? Also, how can i quickly find out what spells work with what runes? Thanks in advance and im sorry if these questions have been answered, I tried searching.
You can only make scrolls out of certain runes ... namely, the Elemental Magic ones (Fire/Rage, Lightning/Thunder, Water/Flowing, Wind/Cyclone and Earth/Mother Earth).

The only way to see what spells a Rune has is to equip it on a character.
VertexZero

Post by VertexZero »

Thanks.

Also, can a character only be equipped with one rune at a time? Why can they be equipped on certain equipment but not others?
Yuber

Post by Yuber »

some characters can have up to 3 runes attacted at one time, also some characters come with runes that cannot be removed, for example Georg's killer rune can not be removed, as for equipment certain characters can only use certain types that how it is, u dont expect lyon a small lady to wear full plate armour do u? lol
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

once you equip a rune, you can go to Runes in your menu and view the spell descriptions. keep in mind even if a magic spell sounds weak, it'll factor in your character's MAG stat into the damage (not for healing)
VertexZero

Post by VertexZero »

Yuber wrote:some characters can have up to 3 runes attacted at one time, also some characters come with runes that cannot be removed, for example Georg's killer rune can not be removed, as for equipment certain characters can only use certain types that how it is, you dont expect lyon a small lady to wear full plate armour do you? lol
Thanks for the information guys. But for instance, I can only equip Georg for instance, with one rune which is the default rune. Why is that? Do only certain types of runes attach to certain pieces of equipments or is there something else to it? Thanks again.
demon_sars

Post by demon_sars »

VertexZero wrote:
Yuber wrote:some characters can have up to 3 runes attacted at one time, also some characters come with runes that cannot be removed, for example Georg's killer rune can not be removed, as for equipment certain characters can only use certain types that how it is, you dont expect lyon a small lady to wear full plate armour do you? lol
Thanks for the information guys. But for instance, I can only equip Georg for instance, with one rune which is the default rune. Why is that? Do only certain types of runes attach to certain pieces of equipments or is there something else to it? Thanks again.
Some Characters will have other rune slots open after reaching certain level.The max rune slot you have is three.Runes of this SV i think no longer can be attached to your weapons.Correct me if im wrong .