returning bosses

A forum for people who have played the game concerning the Sun Rune War to answer gameplay questions.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

returning bosses

Post by KFCrispy »

i checked out Ship's Graveyard again and got to fight Hydra again. it dropped Stone of Luck, Mother Earth piece, Fire Sealing piece, and Water sealing piece! So i bet if i come back in say another half hour, i can get another Mother Earth Piece!!! (and the other stuff)

are there any other bosses you can return to a la Suikoden 3?
killey

Post by killey »

The second Hydra is the only one I found (is it returning or can you only fight it twice?)
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

In the final dungeon, before all three separate units join together again at the final room, you can walk back and talk to Luserina to leave the ruins altogether. When you reenter the ruins, you must to fight all three guardians again before proceeding to the end. All blocked paths remain open even if you leave and come back later though.

Repeat as many times you like.
Windspun_Monkey

Post by Windspun_Monkey »

What are the item drops for the three bosses in the final dungeon? Is it worth repeating multiple times?
MrTomJoad

Post by MrTomJoad »

The one on Lyons trail drops the greaves for the samurai set. Other than that I don't think they dropped anything good. Just experience and alot of skill.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

i haven't seen the Hydra again. i guess it was just a bonus for returning once..?
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

The one in Lyon's path gives Tachibana Greaves. The other two gives some kind of elemental rings. Plus, a medicine if I'm not mistaken.

The item drops aren't that useful. But the topic asked about returning area bosses, yes?

I miss Suikoden III's treasure bosses.
Eyedol

Post by Eyedol »

KFCrispy wrote:i haven't seen the Hydra again. i guess it was just a bonus for returning once..?
It takes some time for these monsters to respawn. Get some more time on the game clock and check whether it respawns.

Alternatively, you could try using the Great Firefly and Champion Runes to see if they influence it somehow.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

the Hydra seems more like a Suikoden 3 treasure boss where it's graphically on the map and it becomes a fight.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Yahr explains how the hydra keeps coming back, and speculates on how all those ships were destroyed by it.

(Paraphrasing) "Either there's more than one or this one can regenerate itself." Nelis was standing around too, but she didn't say anything.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

patapi wrote:In the final dungeon, before all three separate units join together again at the final room, you can walk back and talk to Luserina to leave the ruins altogether. When you reenter the ruins, you must to fight all three guardians again before proceeding to the end. All blocked paths remain open even if you leave and come back later though.

Repeat as many times you like.
I'm not quite sure how this works. Would I be able to enter the central room at the end with Lyon and Zweig's groups and just leave with the Prince's group? Or can I not enter the final room with the three groups in any context?
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

The latest opportunity that you have to walk out of the ruins and talk to Luserina is just before Prince's group enter the final room, after you defeated the guardian in his path. This is the point where you can no longer switch view to Lyon or Zweig.