[Guide] Map / Strategy Battle skill info?

A forum for people who have played the game concerning the Sun Rune War to answer gameplay questions.
Ced The Lad

Post by Ced The Lad »

In that case, probably not. Magic attacks have always been useful for me against Infantry types. I use them to blast Queen's Knight units before sending horsemen against them.

And as I pointed out before, Barrage is pretty much an Archer attack at long range. So while you won't take any damage, it's practically useless to use this against Infantry regiments. Use it to pick off Horsemen.

I figure this is why most of the Enemy Generals were Infantry in the first place. They didn't want players to abuse the strengths of the archers. *IMO the best Land type in this game* Cavalry is also few and far between in the earlier portions of the game.

Charge does extra damage if you have regiment advantage.
http://www.suikox.com: Where the Tinto Republic continues to guide the masses through the sea of history.
kenshindono

Post by kenshindono »

is mother earth based on YOUR hp or the enemies hp? im asking because rage definatly gets weaker the weaker the enemy gets, but ive noticed mother earth can actually kill people off. not sure about cyclone, havent messed with it much
JG Chan

Post by JG Chan »

I've killed units with Cyclone before, though I don't remember the percentages. Mother Earth should be based on the enemy's max HP. I remember it getting stronger as the enemy units got larger later on in the game.
kenshindono

Post by kenshindono »

im not sure about charge either, is that 20% of their hp or your hp?
Aldo

Post by Aldo »

kenshindono wrote:im not sure about charge either, is that 20% of their hp or your hp?
Charge is 20% of their max hp
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

charge does not do more than 20% of the enemy's max HP. however, it may do less vs a unit that is strong against you (i'd have to try it again, don't recall). vs the Queen's Knights with 500 HP, my Cavalry used Charge and it took off 100 HP exactly several times. the Earth spell did less than expected. it should have done 200 dmg but i think it did 150 (that's 30%), but it was enough to cut the enemy's HP in half from 400 to 250 (out of 500) causing me to win the battle. i'd really have to check to verify. but i think you get full damage vs units who are equal and weaker than you, and your specials will do reduced damage vs units stronger than you.

Update: damage is reduced against Queen's Knights units so that they don't go below 250. once they reach 250 HP the battle usually ends.
SuikoMJM

Re: battle skill info?

Post by SuikoMJM »

Again, reposting this, since it isn't showing up here, but on the phpBB2 forums.

---

Just to clear it all up...

-Rage is a battle spell that does 40% of an enemy's minHP

-Cyclone is a battle spell that does 30% of an enemy's maxHP, simultaneously recovering 50% maxHP for the unit

-Mother Earth is a battle spell that does 30% of an enemy's maxHP (Poor Man's Cyclone)

-Thunder is a range spell that does 30% of an enemy's maxHP

---Not mentioned yet---

-Also look for Zunda's "Speed" skill, or Cathari and Raven's +2 to Speed having the same effect, to really increase the maneuverability of your units. You pretty much move around like Dragon Horses with them in your party.

It is especially useful in recapturing your castle, if you want the Armbands of Destiny and a Victory+.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Re: [Guide] Map / Strategy Battle skill info?

Post by KFCrispy »

i will check out Thunder and Mother Earth in the future. i think the reason i only reduced Alenia's unit to 250 was because her unit's HP is capped so that you can't go below.
Aldo

Post by Aldo »

KFCrispy wrote:i will check out Thunder and Mother Earth in the future. i think the reason i only reduced Alenia's unit to 250 was because her unit's HP is capped so that you can't go below.
You did 20% (100/500) with charge and 30% (150/500) with mother earth didn't you? That's what you should be getting. Mother earth shouldn't do 200, that's 40%. It only does 30% of max HP. The first post has it listed wrong
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

no i'm fairly certain it deals 40% dmg
Celes
Global Admin

Post by Celes »