A question about an enemy.

A forum for people who have played the game concerning the Sun Rune War to answer gameplay questions.
Ferid

A question about an enemy.

Post by Ferid »

There is this "red dragon" monster in norther lunas pass. It appears like a boss, atleast the music is slightly different before the battle commences. I had a hard time finding this enemy, only twice out of 2 hours of getting into battles there. Does anyone know the chance I have of finding this guy?
Hg_gt

Post by Hg_gt »

later in the game u find him as a regular monster you come along by the town that only alows men to enter

Gt
The n00b Avenger

Post by The n00b Avenger »

Each place has an "area boss" which are generally tougher enemies. As you said, you know them by the slightly different battle intro music.

Don't know the odds of them appearing, but one thing you can generally do is find the level at which the champion rune wards of the regular enemies of that place, and then the only encounter you can have is with the area boss.

But yes, those dragons and a few other area bosses just become normal enemies later in the game
Ferid

Post by Ferid »

alright 3/5 pieces of the fire dragon armor now! The dragon spawns whenever I am not prepared.
Eyedol

Post by Eyedol »

Champion Rune all the way.

If your levels are high enough, the moment you enter Lunas' woods, the Fire Dragon will show up.

Also, he shows up on Ranro Mountain too.

So if you go back and forth between these two places, you'll quickly gain that Fire Sealing Rune.
fiffa46

Post by fiffa46 »

The Salamader drops Water Sealing Rune Pieces not Fire Sealing.
Ymber0000

Salamander

Post by Ymber0000 »

That Red Dragon (Salamander) becomes a regular monster later on in the game spcifically outside Haud, Rainwall and Big Hole but they dont drop the nice armor anymore. But by that time I was looking for a Wyvern (Blue Dragon) that gives me Flame Array Chains...
Ignorance... be Destroyed
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

Common Salanders DO drop the armor. i've gotten 2 or 3 when i was just travelling (trying to fight the Golem... but not that one's pretty useless for items as well after the Big Hole w/Eresh area)