Non-Powerhouse Parties!

A forum for people who have played the game concerning the Sun Rune War to answer gameplay questions.
Falenan_descent

Non-Powerhouse Parties!

Post by Falenan_descent »

Hey, does anyone -not- use the "I win" parties? I definately don't. THis game is not challenging with them.

If you don't...what party do you prefer?

My usual party: Cornelio (wind rune), Hero (Dawn/Sheild), Ernst (Beast), Norma (Fire), Kisara (Water), and Logg (F. Sword rune)
tomriddle

Post by tomriddle »

you can use all the characters to your hearts content and will experience wipes/characters dying provided you do one thing...

never, ever, use the Firefly rune..

it makes the game trivial if you put it on a Galleon-type and allow everyone else to go untouched...

I played the game during one stretch without a firefly tank and I sometimes had 2 or 3 people in the party dying to regular monsters :lol:

for my newgame+, I am definitely going -firefly and will feature my party as such:

Prince
Ernst/Belcoot/Dinn
Hazuki/Richard
Levi/Zerase/Jeane
Lu/Isato (Cathari comes too late in the game to really be used as a L char)

without a firefly rune, people also have to curb down on runes that will hurt the character such as the double-edged rune.. I placed that on prince and he was dying at times because of it :(

I highly suggest everyone try their new game+ and just use the knowledge they gained during their first playthrough and to make the game really fun/interesting (if you like semi-challenges), forsake the firefly rune ^^
ShardStar

Post by ShardStar »

You know I've never been a firefly abuser such as this, I've always just planned to have toughs in the front and my mages in back. The formations also help gear frontliners to being the ones hit.
Hypharse

Post by Hypharse »

Double-edged runes really aren't that bad if you make sure your defense is high. The pdf in 5 is not very linear from my experience. Once you pass a certain threshold for the opponent's attack rating you will take VERY little damage. So as long as you make sure your pdf is kept high you will barely notice wearing double-edged runes. I use them on all my characters, even my front line tanks. They do make the game easy with the right armor. Now power runes can really hurt because they half the defense, putting you below the threshold where damage goes up fast. If you want a nice challenge fill your party with slow characters and put power runes on all of them. You will take a bunch of damage.
Kyo

Post by Kyo »

I've never used the Firefly or any other tank strategy and the game is still way too easy. I wish the enemies leveled up as characters leveled up.

I have my personal "powerhouse" party of characters I LIKE but I still try to mix up the characters I use for various missions and money/experience/skill farming with others that I like such as the "Ninja Team" of Raven, Shigure, Sagiri, or people like Roy, Norma, Ernst, Lu, Faylen, Yahr, Urda, Isabel, Mathias... etc.. Very few of my playable characters are under level 50 ^^
Twighlight

Post by Twighlight »

ive never used a firefly rune in my whole game, its just there rotting away in my storage coz i never thought its that useful..

heck, i didnt even know that richard was a very useful character until later in the game..

my normal party consists of

kyle,heroV,lyon,zegai,jeane,and ReMiFa...
Stupid...