[Guide] List of MISSABLE characters

A forum for people who have played the game concerning the Sun Rune War to answer gameplay questions.
Baks

Re: List of MISSABLE characters

Post by Baks »

To have baths in your HQ you must have recruited Miroon first to do this. If you have not, just put Muroon in your party and go to the Tricolor Inn in Yashuna and talk to Miroon, at the end of that scene allow her to set up a bath house in your HQ and she will join your army.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

your HQ needs to upgrade before you can recruit Miroon. Then you will have space for a bath, as well as restaurant and "fish tank"..
Pokerface

Post by Pokerface »

Miroon and Retso can be recruited after the events on Nirva Island.

Pokerface
Mess with the best, die like the rest!
http://www.suikoden3.de
Madame Zhang

Post by Madame Zhang »

My question was where the Bath is located in the HQ. Just to check, by the Siege of Sol-Falena I should have all 108 stars recruited, right?
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

Madame Zhang wrote:My question was where the Bath is located in the HQ. Just to check, by the Siege of Sol-Falena I should have all 108 stars recruited, right?
you should have them before you liberate stormfist
Kitphiroth

Post by Kitphiroth »

Cornelio is missable if you don't get him while you are in Haud the first time.

Nakula is hard to get but easy if you get Oboro early, it usually takes him 5 major events to recruit him. He'll usually join you after the Beaver Lodge burning. When you get him AND you are in Sable.

Talk to Nakula while in Sable. Come and leave a few times.
(If you have Oboro) Go back and listen to him bitch and complain. HE'LL ONLY WAKE UP IF YOU HAVE OBORO.
Go to Oboro after this event. STRAIGHT TO NAKULA. Bam recruited ;]
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

your are dead wrong about Cornelio. I have a save where I've liberated Sol Falena and I can still recruit him.
LTM

Post by LTM »

KFCrispy wrote:your are dead wrong about Cornelio. I have a save where I've liberated Sol Falena and I can still recruit him.
Character: Cornelio
Prerequesite: None
Time to Recruit: After the Defense of Rainwall
How to Recruit:
Head to Haud Village and enter the large mansion to the southeast. A battle
with ReMiFa, MiFaSo, FaSoLa, SoLaTi, and LaTiDo starts. After winning the
battle, choose either option, and you must help Cornelio now. He temporarily
joins your party.
Now, you need to run around Haud village trying to catch the DoReMi elf. In
this battle, defend with your Hero and Lyon while Cornelio uses his DoReMi
Rune.
After doing this, ReMiFa and Cornelio join you.
Also note that you should not wait to long to recruit Cornelio, as he will
leave his house soon after thise first events and not come back. He is a
missable character.

From Cyril's walkthrough on gamefaqs. I know its not the definitive source for Suikoden information, but I myself missed Cornelio and I had just recruited Nakula. I'm not saying you're wrong, but if you're right this means something is very strange about Cornelio as this means he disappears and reappears at various points in the game. Could you take a screen shot of him after you've liberated Sol-Falena? I'd like to see this for myself.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

have you confirmed it yourself or are you just quoting information that is outdate/unreliable? Cyril's walkthrough probably has a lot of good information but recruitment has been very confusing for the most part, and i can say for certain that suikosource has the most comprehensive recruitment information to date.
LTM

Post by LTM »

Well as I said, I was at the point where I recruited Nakula and Beaver dam had all ready burned down before that so while I wasn't all the way at liberating Sol-Falena, I was a good ways into the game and he wasn't in his mansion. I was at the right place, but he wasn't there nor were his elves. Thats why I was hoping you could post a screen shot or something cause its really strange that the window to recruiting him would just dissapear for awhile. I was able to recruit other characters during that time as well.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

i found a save game where i didn't have Cornelio recruited.. it's just after taking Stormfist, so i haven't yet taken Sol Falena. but it's proof enough that your claimed deadline is wrong. the screenshot shows Shoon is recruited, and i've entered the battle with the Musical Elves in Cornelio's house. enjoy.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
LTM

Post by LTM »

Oh wow. Well, thanks for that. I guess for awhile he just disappears and then comes back after awhile.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

NightFall wrote:Yahr and Nelis, missable? :?
I added a note about Yahr and Nelis under the first "Note" on the first page. They're another example of being "mean" losing you a recruit.
Baks wrote:I believe that Linfa is missable too, I think you have to talk to her at least three times before the coronation event starts otherwise you can't recruit her. Here is the earliest I believe you can recruit her and all her meeting points that are probably missable.

1st meeting in Estrise. Go to the inn and play her card game and lose 2000 potch to her. Do this before completing all the Lelcar events.

2nd meeting in Yashuna Village after all the Lelcar events. She should be near the rune shop so go talk to her before doing all the Sable events.

3rd meeting in Raftleet's inn after all the Sable events and you have got Roy, Faylen and Faylon. Talk to her and play the card game again and regardless of you win or lose the game, agree to help pay off her debt and she will join your army afterwards.
Regarding Linfa. Is is true she's missable? Can't you avoid her completely until just before Stormfist and then meet her in Estrise, then follow her to Yashuna and then to Raftfleet? Or do you have to meet her at certain points in the game?
Captain_Howdy0104

Any other chance to get Sairoh??

Post by Captain_Howdy0104 »

Is there any way I can recruit Sairoh even though I missed him in Raftfleet? It said on the Suoksource character guide that when the salt goes high sell 6 salts but I did not get 6 salts and the rumours have been changed and I completely missed recruiting him..

Is there still a way to recruit Sairoh?
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

how would you "miss him" in Raftfleet? Raftfleet is accessible throughout the game.