[Guide] List of MISSABLE characters

A forum for people who have played the game concerning the Sun Rune War to answer gameplay questions.
Pokerface

Post by Pokerface »

You MUST recruit Haleth BEFORE you attack Stormfist. After conquering Stormfist he will be gone forever.

Other missable Characters

-Matthias
-Isabel
-Wilhelm = you must recruit those 2 after getting a Victory+ against the Hatred Fortress. Well just get your HQ, take Viki in your party and recruit them. The latest point is after the Invasion of Doraat. They will be gone after the new Queen's Campaign
-Mueller (look @ Wilhelm)
-Richard = when you don't get Wilhelm and Mueller

-Oboro = when you don't recruit Oboro he will be gone after the new queen's campaign. And the penalty is VERY hard for not recruiting him.
-Fuyo
-Shigure
-Sagiri
-Nakula
-Raven

So whatever you do, HELP Oboro in ALL the investigations as long as you are in rainwall. If you don't the recruitment will be complicated. When you still haven't recruited him after the new queen's campaign he will be gone forever.

Murad's earliest recruiting point is after the battle of Lelcar. When you still haven't recruited him after reclaiming Sol Falena, he will be gone forever.

-Faylen and Faylon = recruit them after the Sable Event saying: all you did was to clear your good name. When you choose the other option, they will return to their hide. If you chose the second option, just take Roy in your Party and return to the Mountains. Take the captured loot and return it to the townsfolk of Sable. Those 2 CANNOT recruited anymore after the Invasion of Doraat. So better hurry :)

-Killey = Trigger the event in Agathe Prison after freeing Lucretia Merces and let him go. Then be nice to him when he comes to your HQ. Then allow him to join your party while you explore the Twillight Forest. After beating the boss ask him to join.

-Byakuren = he encounters you when you leave your HQ by crossing the bridge on the left side. You can recruit ihm when you have Levi or Genoh recruited. After conquering Sol Falena he won't appear again.

-Genoh = If you miss to talk to Fuwalafuwalu, you'll never learn about him.

-Cathari = make sure you get her right when you come to Port Spinnacks. Talk to the people there and the on on the exit to Twillight Forest will tell you about the Harbor of Hershville. Then go there by boat and talk to Cathari. Return to Spinnacks and run over to the other side and she will wait for you. She will be gone forever after reclaiming Sol Falena.

-Alhazred = make sure you trigger the scene with him and the merchant in Rainwall. If you don't trigger it he will be gone and you won't be able to find him again.

Did I forgot someone? If yes, tell me :)

Just my 2 potch

Pokerface
Mess with the best, die like the rest!
http://www.suikoden3.de
konz3n

Post by konz3n »

Is there somthing else that needs to be done in order to recruit Chisato? I remember on my first playthrough, she declined my offer to join her the first time I asked her, then after a few events, the option of asking her to join appeared again. This time around I was able to recruit her. Now, Im on my second playthrough, she declined my first offer, same with my previous playthrough, but this time, the option to recruit her again won't reappear. Im on my way to strormfist BTW, and she is the only character I have yet to recruit. Help needed
Pokerface

Post by Pokerface »

Go with Bernadette back to Nirva and you will trigger an Event :)
NightFall

Re: List of MISSABLE characters

Post by NightFall »

Yahr and Nelis, missable? :?
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

If you reject their invitation, they are gone forever.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pokerface

Post by Pokerface »

Yahr and Nelis aren't missable, but if you don't pick the correct answers, those 2 will not join you. Make sure you tell then that the rune canon NEEDS TO BE DESTROYED! When you tell them, you want it on your ship they will return to Island Nations.

Pokerface
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

.. which is why they are missable.
Iku

Post by Iku »

i think he meant you can get them at any point in the game... :wink:
'Believed the evidence of your own eyes, did ya? In a place like this?' Granny Weatherwax
Madame Zhang

Post by Madame Zhang »

When should I find Murad in Lordlake? I haven't spoken with the beavers after Toma left the group, but Lordlake's been revived. Also, I ran into a strange female human enemy in Wabon's tunnels during my last playthrough, is she a star too? lol, sadly I also can't find the stinkin' Water Basin dungeon. Where exactly is it? Finally,what's the combination of girls needed to recruit Gavaya? Thanks in advance.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

Madame Zhang wrote:When should I find Murad in Lordlake? I haven't spoken with the beavers after Toma left the group, but Lordlake's been revived. Also, I ran into a strange female human enemy in Wabon's tunnels during my last playthrough, is she a star too? lol, sadly I also can't find the stinkin' Water Basin dungeon. Where exactly is it? Finally,what's the combination of girls needed to recruit Gavaya? Thanks in advance.
you probably have to get to the point where Toma joins you to go back to Lordlake. if that don't work, re-enter town, and if that don't work, wait til the next point when you have no story going on and can free-roam.

the Target Lady is an enemy in most of the Suikoden games, she's not a Star.

Water Basin is south then east from your HQ / Beaver Lodge. you need to exit your HQ from the east side or exit Beaver Lodge from the west. then just follow south along the river.

for Gavaya just look at our Recruitment guide: http://www.suikosource.com/games/gs5/stars/
Madame Zhang

Post by Madame Zhang »

Thanks, I didn't think I would get a reply so quickly.
Pokerface

Post by Pokerface »

Ah yes, good old Murad. Well you have to talk to him in every location you are.

-Stormfist
-Sol Falena
-Rainwall
-Raftfleet
-Lordlake (he doesn't appear every time there)
-Lelcar (the earliest point of recruitment)
-Beaver Lodge
-Doraat
-Stormfist again

You won't be able to recruit him when you reconquer Sol Falena.

Pokerface
Baks

Post by Baks »

I believe that Linfa is missable too, I think you have to talk to her at least three times before the coronation event starts otherwise you can't recruit her. Here is the earliest I believe you can recruit her and all her meeting points that are probably missable.

1st meeting in Estrise. Go to the inn and play her card game and lose 2000 potch to her. Do this before completing all the Lelcar events.

2nd meeting in Yashuna Village after all the Lelcar events. She should be near the rune shop so go talk to her before doing all the Sable events.

3rd meeting in Raftleet's inn after all the Sable events and you have got Roy, Faylen and Faylon. Talk to her and play the card game again and regardless of you win or lose the game, agree to help pay off her debt and she will join your army afterwards.

Quick note about meeting 1 in Estrise, it can be done before you meet Fuwalafuwalu for the very first time in your first visit to Beaver Lodge. I usually do this before I goto the Restored Lordlake events. You know where the bit where Maroon temporarily leaves your party soon after you have destroyed Hatred Fortress and when you get your HQ.
Madame Zhang

Post by Madame Zhang »

If Chisato refuses to join me the first time I ask (forgot I needed Bern) when's the next time to ask? Also, where in HQ is the bath? I normally have no trouble locating things in the HQ, but I can't find it.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

you have to ask her to join, she refuses and then you leave Nirvana island. Come back later with Bern and you should see a cutscene of a pirate holding a kid hostage, go to chisato and follow onlong with the story, afterwards she will join you