[Guide] List of MISSABLE characters

A forum for people who have played the game concerning the Sun Rune War to answer gameplay questions.
Holly Spirit

[Guide] List of MISSABLE characters

Post by Holly Spirit »

This is a list of Missable Characters. In other words characters that will not be recruitable if you wait until the cut off recruitment point (the battle at Stormfist).

This list will be kept up to date with later posts in this thread.
DO NOT ASK HOW TO RECRUIT A CHARACTER IN THIS THREAD. Recruitment info is here: http://www.suikosource.com/games/gs5/stars

Missable Characters
  • -Faylen and Feylon
    (if you treat Roy badly when you first meet him)
    -Eresh
    (If you get Euram)
    -Byaruken
    (need Genoh when you fight him, appears after each HQ upgrade)
    -Wilhelm and Mueller
    (need to find them Raftfleet,Lelcar or Doraat before final HQ upgrade)
    - Richard
    (need Mueller)
    -Oboro
    (have to assist him with his investigation in Rainwall or else ask him multiple times afterwards)
    -Fuyo
    (need Oboro)
    -Shigure
    (need Oboro)
    -Sagiri
    (need Oboro & Nakula)
    -Nakula
    (short window of time after the first events in Sable,need Oboro)
    -Raven
    (need Oboro)
    -Murad
    (have to ask him to join you 4 times and are given limited opportunities)
    -Genoh
    (can miss talking to Fuwalafuwalu to hear about him)
Other Characters
Note: Many characters become unavailable after the major battle at Stormfist and the major battle at Sol-Falena, so do all your recruiting before Stormfist (except for Shoon and Euram, who are recruited after Stormfist but before Sol-Falena)

Note 2: If you are "mean" to any characters (such as not destroying the rune cannon when Yahr and Nelis ask) or do not directly ask them to join you when prompted you may not get another chance. Never tell a pre-recruit to leave your party, even if they ask nicely.

Note 3: Characters not mentioned above are only "missable" in that they do not contribute to your 108 star endings if you do not get them before Stormfist. You can actually still recruit most people at any point in the game, even after entering the final dungeon, but getting 108 Stars at that point won't give you the good ending.

Last updated October 4, 2007
Last edited by Holly Spirit on Tue Apr 11, 2006 5:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mr White

Post by Mr White »

-Faylen and Feylon are missable (I know that too well :( )
-Eresh is missable
-Killey is also missable
-Byaruken is missable
-Cathari is missable

I can't remember the others.
Holly Spirit

Killey

Post by Holly Spirit »

How is Killey missable? There's a description in that lone character guide over at GameFAQs showing you how you can still recruit him even if you did not bump into him in the Agare Prison. If I remember correctly, he can be found deep in the Sindar ruins.
Mr White

Re: Killey

Post by Mr White »

Holly Spirit wrote:How is Killey missable? There's a description in that lone character guide over at GameFAQs showing you how you can still recruit him even if you did not bump into him in the Agare Prison. If I remember correctly, he can be found deep in the Sindar ruins.
I don't remember that. If you don't free him in Agate, he doesn't show himself later (but that's what i heard).
s_word

Post by s_word »

There is a point where all characters are missable. That point is when you liberated Sol-Falena.
Rivera

Post by Rivera »

Oboro is a big one to denote.

If you don't do the recruitment of Oboro before the Queen's Campaign he disappears forever. This is a 6-character penalty as losing him means you also lose Fuyo, Shigure, Sagiri, Nakula, and Raven.

Six degrees of Oboro. It's pretty nasty.
What is most important to you? Will you give me the happiness of taking it away from you?
Tyrith

Post by Tyrith »

Alhazred is very missable if you don't talk to him Rainwall before you part ways with the Barows clan.
Geddoe

Post by Geddoe »

If I remeber correctly about Killey, if you miss him at the prison he will NOT show up at the ruins when you gow through and do the event...BUT afterwards, you can go back and he will be in the back room after the boss area and you can recruit him there.

I read this on GameFaq's but haven't tested it myself yet.
Pollensalta

Post by Pollensalta »

And if you get Oboro and all them, you still can miss Sagiri and Nakula. They're only available for a short window of time after the Sable events.
Purr.
Sun of a Studio

Post by Sun of a Studio »

About Cathari, the guide says to talk to him after you talk to Craig, then see him in Hershville, then talk to him after you talk to Leknaat in Twilight Forest. I still haven't found out where the hell Hershville is, but I've already talked to Leknaat am about to go see Craig again after his town becomes occupied. So did I miss Cathari or is there more to come before I can recruit him?
"If you can laugh at yourself everytime you fall down, people will think you're drunk"-Conan
s_word

Post by s_word »

Sun of a Studio wrote:About Cathari, the guide says to talk to him after you talk to Craig, then see him in Hershville, then talk to him after you talk to Leknaat in Twilight Forest. I still haven't found out where the hell Hershville is, but I've already talked to Leknaat am about to go see Craig again after his town becomes occupied. So did I miss Cathari or is there more to come before I can recruit him?
At port Spinack, near the left exit and the save point there should be a man standing there and just talk to him and he'll mention Hershville. Then Go back to the boat. You'll have the chance to sail to Hershville. Cathari is in the town and Tell her it's not possible to go into stormfist right now. Go back to Port Spinack and this time head to the right exit. You'll bump into Cathari there. She'll ask you to take her to Lucretia which is the war room.

You must recruit her before you liberated Stormfist.
Sun of a Studio

Post by Sun of a Studio »

Oh cool thanks, that's good, I was worried there for a second. Now all I have to do is fix my Playstation so I stop getting Disc Read Errors. I don't need help with that though, I've got it covered.
"If you can laugh at yourself everytime you fall down, people will think you're drunk"-Conan
Holly Spirit

Damn, Genoh is MISSABLE

Post by Holly Spirit »

Arrrrrghhh...
I am towards the end of the game and I couldn't find the Beaver elder. The pre requisite in recruiting Genoh is that you talk to the beaver standing next to the beaver in charged of the inn then talk to Fafalafuw watchamacallit, then head to water fall basin. Darn it!!! He's the only character I missed out on darn
czartiffac

Post by czartiffac »

You have to bring Levi or Alhazred to the end of the Basin where you recruited Richard there you will see a scene and Genoh will apear automatically.

Make sure though that Levi or Alhazred are either one level below the prince or any level higher than him. I dunno why but I did the steps said in the FAQ's and I got Genoh after I got the HQ.

Its a pain trying to level Alhazred, my suggestion take Levi she has better level than Al(lvl 6) sheez...
Holly Spirit

Beaver

Post by Holly Spirit »

But in one of the guide, a pre-requisite to trigger the Genoh scene is to talk to the Beaver guy in the inn then talk to the Beaver elder then bring along somebody old with you (Levi, Alhazared, Zerase) who is a level below Hero or higher.

Ok I'll try to bring along Levi. I am not sure if it's still possible to recruit him by the time you have recruited the guys from Armes.