[FAQ] Optional content (duels, recruits, scenes, etc)

A forum for people who have played the game concerning the Sun Rune War to answer gameplay questions.
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

son_michael wrote:no one tells you to recruit him, lucretia tells you to get his help but never to go get him at raftfleet...
no no no. I mean to recruit RAFTFLEET. The second time you have to go to Raftfleet I think.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

When freeing Killey from prison, who should be with me?

The Feitas Dragon Calvary show up at Raftfleet to talk to the Prince.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Hazuki can have some extra dialogue with Marina and Nikea, before bringing Belcoot before her.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Master

Post by Master »

actually there are some rumors saying that if you bring Belcoot first time in port spinacks, hazuki will not appear, I didn't try it myself so someone might want to check it out.
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

Master wrote:actually there are some rumors saying that if you bring Belcoot first time in port spinacks, hazuki will not appear, I didn't try it myself so someone might want to check it out.
Thats true. You have to talk to Hazuki without Belcoot first and tell her you know him. THEN go to her with Belcoo.
Basel

Post by Basel »

* There is a short scene if you have Zerase in your party when you meet the Boss for the first time.
* Zerase and Jeane will have a chat If you recruited Jeane before the incident in Dorrat.
"The real issue is not TALENT as an independent element, but talent in relationship to WILL, DESIRE, AND PERSISTENCE. Talent without these things VANISHES and even modest talent with those characteristics GROWS..." -Milton Glaser
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Josephine can be recruited by one Shula Vayla's bodyguards.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cuckooguy

Post by Cuckooguy »

Jowy Atreides wrote:Josephine can apparently be recruited with one of Shula's lady friends (the non-slutty one). Also, she says some things if you bring her to talk to Shula when he invites you.
Wait, Josephine does? I remember trying to put Josephine in my party before visiting Shula, but Josephine was absent from Luserina's character roster (I definitely recruited her).

Also, Norma and Ernst disappear from Raftfleet if they never told you about them trying to find a powerful wizard and you try to bring Levi to them beforehand; this is similar to the Hazuki recruitment and how she disappears if you have Belcoot in your party the first time you try to recruit her at Port Spinacks.

If you don't invite Alhazred in Yashuna, he's back at Estrise waiting your recruitment.

Yahr and Nelis are permanently missable if you don't invite them the second chance you get. You can say goodbye to them at Nirva Island's port, but if you don't invite them again when they're hanging out in Nirva's inn, they're permanently missable (even if you go to the world map and go back).

I've also tried some other stuff that doesn't, unfortunately, work. Bringing Norma and Ernst does nothing when visiting Chisato, and bringing Hazuki to Gavaya doesn't do anything.
Auron_81

Post by Auron_81 »

You can fight Childerich with Zegai also, not just hero, Richard and Belcoot
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

Jowy Atreides wrote:Doesn't Lorelai (and maybe Zweig?) say some extra stuff if you choose to bring them with you when freeing Killey from Agate Prison? I'm about to try this myself, but some confirmation would be nice.

Roog, Rahal, Lance and Flail show up at the entrance to Raftfleet at some point, before the Prince leaves Barows for good. I was able to get the scene the first time through, but not the second time. Might have something to do with what you choose after seeing them while Gizel is still with you.
i think i had both Lorelai and Zweig (definitely Lorelai) when freeing Killey, and she did say something. i thought she was necessary, actually ^_^
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

I'm unsure about the Lake Ruins, but Zweig doesn't say anything at Agate Prison.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hunter451

Post by Hunter451 »

Here's a question. During the whole choosing to defend the castle scenario, and witnessing Roy's death, Faylon and Faylen are the ones that prevent the Prince from rushing forward. Now, if I rememeber, it's possible to not recruit those two when you get Roy, and you can wait to recruit them until after Stormfist. Now, could anybody tell me what happens if you don't have them? I'm really curious. I'm going to try it out my next playthrough...but can't right now. I'm just wondering...maybe you'll actually get to save Roy? Or will it instead by Kyle and Galleon that stop you? If anybody can tell me, thanks a lot.
Cuckooguy

Post by Cuckooguy »

Hunter451 wrote:Here's a question. During the whole choosing to defend the castle scenario, and witnessing Roy's death, Faylon and Faylen are the ones that prevent the Prince from rushing forward. Now, if I rememeber, it's possible to not recruit those two when you get Roy, and you can wait to recruit them until after Stormfist. Now, could anybody tell me what happens if you don't have them?
Ah, I've done that.

Once you choose to defend your castle, a scene will follow where Faylen and Faylon barge into Roy's room. Roy's all like "What're you doing here?" and Faylen's all like "We were worried about you, you should run away, who cares about this stinky war, it's going to get dangerous here soon" and Roy's all like "Can't do that, I'm a part of the Prince's Army." and Faylen's all like "Roy..."

Then you do the war battle (actually, I don't remember whether the war battle or the aforementioned scene takes place first), and you're in the war room where Childerich delivers an ultimatum, and everything proceeds as normal as if you did recruit Faylen and Faylon, because they appear in all the following cutscenes. After all is said and done, you can find Faylen and Faylon in the graveyard, waiting for recruitment.
Hunter451

Post by Hunter451 »

Thanks for the answer.
Cuckooguy

Post by Cuckooguy »

Hey, I found another very missable optional scene that I bet 99% of the people here have missed.

Walk to Beaver Dam right after visiting a restored Lordlake and when Maroon leaved your party. I assume a lot of people use the Blinking Mirror once they're done with Lordlake, and thus haven't visited Beaver Dam. I forgot to get the Blinking Mirror for Viki, so I came across this totally by accident and went, "Hey, I don't remember this scene in my three previous playthroughs."

All that happens is a bunch of beavers (I think there are about eight of them) say stuff and march home. It's not a very important scene, but a very missable scene nonetheless.