[FAQ] Optional content (duels, recruits, scenes, etc)

A forum for people who have played the game concerning the Sun Rune War to answer gameplay questions.
Basel

Post by Basel »

I am not talking about the message that Lelei wrote. You get the scene immediately after Lucresia joins you and before you leave the Agate Prison where she tells you that Raftfleet is in danger. I just found about that yesterday.
"The real issue is not TALENT as an independent element, but talent in relationship to WILL, DESIRE, AND PERSISTENCE. Talent without these things VANISHES and even modest talent with those characteristics GROWS..." -Milton Glaser
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

s_word wrote:
Buff wrote:how about putting the glitch on this since it deals with battles.

the glitch is only during the first major battle at raftfleet against luger. after the battle when you sleep at the inn, you get to do the war battle again. you can do it as much as you want..
Just imagine if you can get a fortune piece everytime you earn a victory+.
what are the items and victory+ award for this battle? that'd be something to check out if it's worthwhile.
Buff

Post by Buff »

i know you can get flowing rune pieces from one of the ships you destroy. the prize you get is the hungry wolf tactic and 5,000 potch.
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

demonicllama wrote:[QOUTE] This isn't really an optional scene but more of an 'easter egg' type. You can see Richard defeated by Childerich in the Sacrerd Games in the same round I heard. I've never seen Richard though. First playthrough and I rushed it.

I think theres also an optional scene depending on who you take with you to the place were Richard is supposed to be( instead there should be another person or beast there, again I havn't seen it yet). The scene depends on wheter you have an old person with you (Levi for example)or Zerase.

HOWEVER I've only heard that. Maybe someone can verify it.[/QOUTE]

Richard, Belcoot, and Hero can fight Childerich. So far I've done it with Belcoot and Hero. Not much change in diolouge between the two from Chilerich.
I meant the at the Sacred Games. The FIRST time.
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

BTW what happens if you arn't sympathetic in the Dungeon at the Colloseum? When Shoon comes to you he says he came to the Prince because he seemed to care about the gladiators condition. What if you didin't go in the dungeon at all? What does Shoon tell you then?

EDIT: Double post.. accident.
s_word

Post by s_word »

Wraith wrote:BTW what happens if you arn't sympathetic in the Dungeon at the Colloseum? When Shoon comes to you he says he came to the Prince because he seemed to care about the gladiators condition. What if you didin't go in the dungeon at all? What does Shoon tell you then?

EDIT: Double post.. accident.
Actually, you can't continue the game without checking the dungeon.
Basel

Post by Basel »

There is a scene in Stormfist's dungeon with Shoon at the end of the Sacred Games. He asks you about Zegai.
"The real issue is not TALENT as an independent element, but talent in relationship to WILL, DESIRE, AND PERSISTENCE. Talent without these things VANISHES and even modest talent with those characteristics GROWS..." -Milton Glaser
Li'l Bonaparte

Post by Li'l Bonaparte »

Uhmmm Im at the point of the game where I would choose to defend the castle or flee the castle XD

Please help me XD I dont know what to choose XD
I want to be a Trickster too
Basel

Post by Basel »

Li'l Bonaparte wrote:Uhmmm Im at the point of the game where I would choose to defend the castle or flee the castle XD

Please help me XD I dont know what to choose XD
I heard that you won't be able to get the good ending if you defend the castle.
reyjusuf

Post by reyjusuf »

make 2 different saves. then see what happens if you choose to defend the castle.

if you want to get the best ending, the correct choice is leave the castle.
Cuckooguy

Post by Cuckooguy »

You can bring Gavaya to Hazuki at Port Spinacks for a short scene.

You can try to go to Raftfleet before taking the Princess to Lunas for a nice cutscene.

I get the impression that a lot of people don't visit Zegai in the Sun Palace dungeon before leaving for the East Palace and Lunas with the Princess.
JG Chan

Post by JG Chan »

Wraith wrote:
demonicllama wrote:[QOUTE] This isn't really an optional scene but more of an 'easter egg' type. You can see Richard defeated by Childerich in the Sacrerd Games in the same round I heard. I've never seen Richard though. First playthrough and I rushed it.

I think theres also an optional scene depending on who you take with you to the place were Richard is supposed to be( instead there should be another person or beast there, again I havn't seen it yet). The scene depends on wheter you have an old person with you (Levi for example)or Zerase.

HOWEVER I've only heard that. Maybe someone can verify it.[/QOUTE]

Richard, Belcoot, and Hero can fight Childerich. So far I've done it with Belcoot and Hero. Not much change in diolouge between the two from Chilerich.
I meant the at the Sacred Games. The FIRST time.
Childerich's opponent in the first round wasn't Richard, definitely. Richard was drugged in round 1, match 6 (mentioned in-game, and in a comment from Murad). That said, if you go to the infirmary before seeing the cheater being taken away, you can see Richard on the bed. If you go after seeing the cheater scene, you can see Mueller getting mad at Richard. :D

I haven't done both in the same game, though, and only got the second one in new game plus.
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

Oh when you go to Oboro detective agency after you are told to go to Raftfleet to recruit them you get a scene as well.
Basel

Post by Basel »

Wraith wrote:Oh when you go to Oboro detective agency after you are told to go to Raftfleet to recruit them you get a scene as well.
Who asks you to recruit Oboro and when? Could you please elaborate more on that scene?
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

no one tells you to recruit him, lucretia tells you to get his help but never to go get him at raftfleet...