[FAQ] Optional content (duels, recruits, scenes, etc)

A forum for people who have played the game concerning the Sun Rune War to answer gameplay questions.
Basel

Post by Basel »

* You get a scene if you visit the location where Raftfleet used to be before going to Lunas for the second time.
* Genoh shows up instead of Levei when you recruit Byakaren
"The real issue is not TALENT as an independent element, but talent in relationship to WILL, DESIRE, AND PERSISTENCE. Talent without these things VANISHES and even modest talent with those characteristics GROWS..." -Milton Glaser
Alex Delferia

Post by Alex Delferia »

You will get a scene if you visit the Oboro Agency at Raftfleet, after you cease partnership with the Barrows, and are tasked to aid Lordlake. The Prince and Lyon will go there, and notice a complete absence of Fuyo and Oboro --- or Sagiri and Shigure, for that matter.

Dolph enters the agency after you, and a scene occurs. Afterwards, Oboro and co. return.
DeKay

Post by DeKay »

Actually the first time I played through I recruited Jeanne very late.

So I had an extra scene when I visited here with Kyle and Miakis in my party.

They are then referring to the scene you had, when you visited Jeanne with Lym, Miakis, etc., where Lym keeps calling Jeanne a "hussey".
Koujirou

Post by Koujirou »

I've read that if you bring Zegai, Belcoot and Richard with you during the Stormfist infiltration, they'll argue amongst themselves about fighting Childerich.
Walk to Beaver Dam right after visiting a restored Lordlake and when Maroon leaved your party. I assume a lot of people use the Blinking Mirror once they're done with Lordlake, and thus haven't visited Beaver Dam. I forgot to get the Blinking Mirror for Viki, so I came across this totally by accident and went, "Hey, I don't remember this scene in my three previous playthroughs."

All that happens is a bunch of beavers (I think there are about eight of them) say stuff and march home. It's not a very important scene, but a very missable scene nonetheless.
Huh, I thought this scene was a requirement to get Fuwalafuwalu to show up again at his home so you could continue with the story?
Basel

Post by Basel »

Koujirou wrote:I've read that if you bring Zegai, Belcoot and Richard with you during the Stormfist infiltration, they'll argue amongst themselves about fighting Childerich.
It is true that all the three of them can fight Childerich but if you have the three of them in your party Richard will not show up in the scene at all.
"The real issue is not TALENT as an independent element, but talent in relationship to WILL, DESIRE, AND PERSISTENCE. Talent without these things VANISHES and even modest talent with those characteristics GROWS..." -Milton Glaser
Gerhard

Post by Gerhard »

i had Belcoot fight him..it seemed sensable, you know, to bring some closure to that battle that changed the pace of the entire game.
Tashlenar

Post by Tashlenar »

If you have recruited Sorensen before the time you attack Hatred Fortress, you will get a different scene after Logg and Lun ram the ship into the fortress which includes Sorensen and Babbage.

Edit: Better wording.
Last edited by Tashlenar on Fri May 26, 2006 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
s_word

Post by s_word »

Tashlenar wrote:If you have recruited Babbage and Sorensen before the time you attack Hatred Fortress, you will get a different scene after Logg and Lun ram the ship into the fortress.
Is it even possible to recruit Babbage at this time?
Chaos

Post by Chaos »

Basel wrote:
Koujirou wrote:I've read that if you bring Zegai, Belcoot and Richard with you during the Stormfist infiltration, they'll argue amongst themselves about fighting Childerich.
It is true that all the three of them can fight Childerich but if you have the three of them in your party Richard will not show up in the scene at all.
I think so...when I tried bringing all three only Belcoot and Zegai asked to fight Childerich.
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

Tashlenar wrote:If you have recruited Babbage and Sorensen before the time you attack Hatred Fortress, you will get a different scene after Logg and Lun ram the ship into the fortress.
You know, I was actually planning on mentioning that, but then I forgot, and my internets were out for a week.
s_word wrote:Is it even possible to recruit Babbage at this time?
No, it's not. But the scene happens as long as you've recruited Sorensen.
Tashlenar

Post by Tashlenar »

Another missable scene is the conversation between Jeane and Zerase after the Doraat duel if you do not have Jeane recruited at that time.

I apprently didn't do well recruiting-wise my first play through. -_-
shinhawk

Post by shinhawk »

Alex Delferia wrote:You will get a scene if you visit the Oboro Agency at Raftfleet, after you cease partnership with the Barrows, and are tasked to aid Lordlake. The Prince and Lyon will go there, and notice a complete absence of Fuyo and Oboro --- or Sagiri and Shigure, for that matter.

Dolph enters the agency after you, and a scene occurs. Afterwards, Oboro and co. return.
For those who know of Oboro's past can probably figure out what Dolph wanted.
Chris_Lightfellow

Post by Chris_Lightfellow »

I'm not sure how I got this scene, but when I teleported back to the castle with Shula after I met him, I got a scene with Josephine. I didn't get this scene last time....
And if I saw you dancing, I would spin you around, spin you around, turn your world upside down

Not sure about something? Check the board rules!
Basel

Post by Basel »

You get that scene if you recruited Josephine before Shula Valya.
Damo

Post by Damo »

How are Josephine and Shula Valya related that Josephine would even merit a scene?