Leaving the HQ (Spoiler)

A forum for people who have played the game concerning the Sun Rune War to answer gameplay questions.
Ninjalizer

Leaving the HQ (Spoiler)

Post by Ninjalizer »

Ok I just hit the point where I will make the decision to defend my castle or retreat to the dwarf camp.

What did you guys do?

Is one choice better than the other, in terms of recruitment possibilities?

Everyone in the story keeps recommending leaving the castle for now, so that's probably what I'll do. But I want to make sure that I'm not getting too far as to keep myself from recruiting characters.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

if you defend the castle you cant get 108 sod but you can see a really cool scene, so save and defend the castle and then load and run away
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Who do you miss if you choose to defend the castle? I'm also at this point in the game.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

in response to jowys question... SPOILERS BELOW!!!!!! DONT LOOK IF YOU DONT WANT TO BE SPOILED!!!

Roy dies if you choose to defend the castle
Buff

Post by Buff »

i heard who ever fights childerich when you defend your castle dies. or is it just only roy and roy alone.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

well so much for my spoiler warning.... :?

its only roy
Buff

Post by Buff »

lol well it does say don't look below if you don't want to be spoiled :P . but the topic already has a spoiler slaped on it so people should know what there getting into.

but thanks for letting me know it is only roy.
Ninjalizer

Post by Ninjalizer »

thanks for the info!
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

do you continue the game like normal if you take this route? and is there a difference in land gains/plot due to your choice?
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

KFCrispy wrote:do you continue the game like normal if you take this route? and is there a difference in land gains/plot due to your choice?
You don't get the good endings. Only the bad ones. The rest will probably stay the same since Roy isn't important after that event(regardless of your choice)
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

KFCrispy wrote:do you continue the game like normal if you take this route? and is there a difference in land gains/plot due to your choice?
yes you can continue the game, the only differences are the different endings, you wont get to see the enemy get flooded out of your base and you cant get all 108 sod