Paintings

A forum for people who have played the game concerning the Sun Rune War to answer gameplay questions.
ShardStar

Paintings

Post by ShardStar »

Is there any way to view them? It seems such a shame to have ones named "Queen's Knights" and not be able to see what they look like. I've found no place to put them up in my castle. Also has anyone found a Big Statue? There seems to be a place for them but no big statues to be found anywhere.
Rivera

Post by Rivera »

Paintings can only as far as I know be placed in the Prince's room, and I've only been able to place two of them.

Large Statues, I found one at the end of the game, in the final dungeon, unfortunately ? items don't carry over to New Game Plus.
What is most important to you? Will you give me the happiness of taking it away from you?
Lord Ragner

Post by Lord Ragner »

Those are worth getting appraised. I haven't found where they go but they're worth 400 000 potch. Nice for the replay.
Geddoe

Post by Geddoe »

A large statue can be placed on the pedestal in the middle of the room just oustide the prince's room. So far it is the only spot for a large statue I have found.
Eyedol

Re: Paintings

Post by Eyedol »

ShardStar wrote:Is there any way to view them? (...) Also has anyone found a Big Statue? There seems to be a place for them but no big statues to be found anywhere.
1) Yes. Zoom up and you can actually make up the details of the paintings ... "Queen's Knights" is a shot of Ferid, while "Dragon Cavalry" is a portrait of Rahal, Roog and Craig together; "Ruins" is a view of the HQ.

2) People have confirmed Egbert can give you Large Statues if you collect all pieces from his games. As for the statues ... it's all a matter of having a party with lots of "Treasure Hunt" skills pumped up to the maximum level. Some enemies in the Deep Twilight Forest Ruins drop statues ("Dragon God statue", I think).
Sun of a Studio

Post by Sun of a Studio »

Is there any other statue aside from Angel Statue? So far I've gotten at least thirty of the things. Sure they sell for a good amount of money, but I'd like to get something other than just another Angel Statue for the hundredth time.
"If you can laugh at yourself everytime you fall down, people will think you're drunk"-Conan
ShardStar

Post by ShardStar »

I got quite a few Cursed statues, they look like a strange abstrage blue thing. The angel statue is way better *heh*
Eyedol

Post by Eyedol »

Cursed Statues are dropped by enemies in the Revolving Bridge, at least when you first go to stop it.

I don't know if the enemies in this area are "upgraded" later on ...
The n00b Avenger

Post by The n00b Avenger »

I've found Demon statues in the Arstwal mountains though I don't know who dropped them.

I know the area boss of that area is what drops the Dragon God statue
Sun of a Studio

Post by Sun of a Studio »

Ah that's good to hear. I've been to the revolving bridge a few times but I've only ever had those bots drop paintings and steel pieces. I wish I could just go buy the antiques like in Suikoden II and III. Oh well, can't have everything I guess.
"If you can laugh at yourself everytime you fall down, people will think you're drunk"-Conan
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

You can buy antiques from Bastan shop in your HQ.
JG Chan

Post by JG Chan »

Found some other places for putting things. :)

Paintings:
- 2 on the left wall in the Prince's room

Pots:
- 1 on wooden stand in Prince's room, below the paintings

Statues:
- 1 on pillar outside Prince's room
- 1 on pillar next to Luserina's spot (1st level)
- 2 on either side of the elevator (base level)

Plants:
- 2 on either side of the Retso's restaurant (base level)

I'm still before the Queen's Campaign in my New Game Plus, so I won't be able to check the lowest level for a while. Strange, though, I only have 3 different kinds of statues, but there are 4 places for them. :?
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

The pedestal in front of your room is for a Large Statue. Those types are quite rare, or tricky to get. Large Statues also don't get registered in Bastan's list.

There should be another spot where you can place Pots in your room. It's on top of those drawers in front of the two Painting spots.
Lourde Incarnadine

Post by Lourde Incarnadine »

JG Chan wrote:Found some other places for putting things. :)

Paintings:
- 2 on the left wall in the Prince's room

Pots:
- 1 on wooden stand in Prince's room, below the paintings

Statues:
- 1 on pillar outside Prince's room
- 1 on pillar next to Luserina's spot (1st level)
- 2 on either side of the elevator (base level)

Plants:
- 2 on either side of the Retso's restaurant (base level)

I'm still before the Queen's Campaign in my New Game Plus, so I won't be able to check the lowest level for a while. Strange, though, I only have 3 different kinds of statues, but there are 4 places for them. :?
You can also put a Bonsai on the Prince's nightstand.
Chaos_Zero

Post by Chaos_Zero »

I haven't had any problem colecting rare treasures like statues and paintings, with people like Lorelai, Killey, Bergen, Faylen, Faylon, or Babbage somewhere in your party, especially if you have more than a few in your party when treasure hunting.
The Miraculous Epidemic, Cruel Salvation, and Merciful Genocide.