Point of no return? (Spoilers)

A forum for people who have played the game concerning the Sun Rune War to answer gameplay questions.
Tabris

Point of no return? (Spoilers)

Post by Tabris »

I was wondering what the point of no return was for returning to your HQ/buying items/visiting all the towns/etc?

I just opened up the gate to the mountain in Lunas. Can I proceed until the end boss than escape scroll out or is this the point of no return?

Also, do you have a chance to de-equip all items after beating the end boss or do you need to fight him "gimped" to make sure those items carry to new game+
Eyedol

Post by Eyedol »

Check this here thread for New Game+ details.

As for the Point of No Return, I'd say it's after opening up the passageway but before splitting into the separate groups. Actually, the "true" Point of No Return would be after Stormfist but before Sol-Falena, since it's when you finally round up all the SoDs.
Mr White

Post by Mr White »

Actually, the point of no return is when one of the 3 groups reach the last room (before you duel Dolph). But in my opinion, the point of no return would be just before splitting into 3 groups because it could be a real pain to backtrack all the way for the 3 groups.
killey

Post by killey »

I think (I haven't tested yet), but as long as the Prince's group hasn't entered the final room (after his minor boss fight) then you can move his group back to the beginning and retreat.
Mr White

Post by Mr White »

I didn't test either but it's probably possible the way you describe it.
Sovereign Rune

Post by Sovereign Rune »

You can backtrack after you defeat the three gate bosses. It may be a pain, but the only way to get the good equipment to carry over is to backtrack and put it all in your storage at this point. You will need to have all of it equipped when you fight the three bosses though, since you will not be using all of the best characters. You'll have to use some "filler" characters and put the best armor on them so they don't die in battle.

But by exiting before the final room, this allows you to go back to Lunas and therefore put Properity Rings on everyone and go out, make a lot of money and buy Corruption cloaks and runes. It also allows you to visit areas like Ranro Mountain to stock up on Eq. runes. Put everything in storage and you will have a sweet New Game +