question re: Hershville (this'll probably have spoilers)

A forum for people who have played the game concerning the Sun Rune War to answer gameplay questions.
seameth

question re: Hershville (this'll probably have spoilers)

Post by seameth »

So, here I am bumbling along nicely, checking my star table and laughing cause there's only a few open slots left. I was thinking to myself that everything here is going along very nice and smooth. But I decided to play it on the safe side and double check on a FAQ to make sure I haven't missed any characters and I come across this place called, "hershville." Now I'm scratching my head because I haven't seen or heard anyone talk about "Hershville" yet. And normally, I wouldn't count this a problem except for that fact that big bold characters spelling out "MISSABLE-CHARACTER" in conjunction with "Liberation of stormfist" have lead me to believe that there's a point of no return. And, of course, I'm about to attack Childerich and Dilba in stormfist right now.

So, I did a bit more FAQ diving and figured out that the trick to unlocking Hershville is talking to the guard standing by the save orb on the twilight forest side of Spinax Harbor. I'm assuming he's supposed to say something about Hershville which will then, in turn, cause Logg to open up the way to Hershville. Instead, this guard won't shut up about the dragon cavelry.

so, here's my query: is there an alternative way to opening up Hershville, or is there a way of resetting this guard so he'll talk about Hershville instead of Dragon knights? Or, have I passed the point of no return for unlocking Hershville and all it's goodies?

Any help or advice on this would be greatly appreciated. Especially as my alternative save game is roughly 40 hours behind my current one. <_>
Foomerang

Post by Foomerang »

That's odd, I remember Hershville being unavailable until you liberate Stormfist (and I recruited Haleth after that, too).

Edit :Actually, forget what I said. I got him and Cathari after the battle against Childerich / Jidan Guisu.

You needed to talk to that guy in Spinacks before he went in Dragon Cavalry-mode.

Are you sure it's not on Logg's list? It's on the second column.
son_michael

Re: question re: Hershville (this'll probably have spoilers)

Post by son_michael »

seameth wrote:so, here's my query: is there an alternative way to opening up Hershville, or is there a way of resetting this guard so he'll talk about Hershville instead of Dragon knights? Or, have I passed the point of no return for unlocking Hershville and all it's goodies?

Any help or advice on this would be greatly appreciated. Especially as my alternative save game is roughly 40 hours behind my current one. <_>
you must recruit cathari and haleth before liberating stormfist, if logg cant take you there via boat and you cant find anyone to mention hirschville...you wont be able to go there until after sttromfist and by then it will be too late to recruit cathari and haleth
hi_immichelle

Post by hi_immichelle »

uhm, i hate to sound stupid but i think i'm the only lost here. . . anyways where is port spinacks? can't find it and i've been walking around quite awhile now.
Laharle

Post by Laharle »

um.... if u wanna go to Hershville asap, talk to ur boat rider in Port Spinacks to go Herschville...... and Port Spinax becomes available after Miakis tells u tell go to Sauronix Castle. (if its still unavailable exit the castle completely then reenter the castle then talk to Logg)
hi_immichelle

Post by hi_immichelle »

hehe thanks. . anyways, i just found out i was reading far ahead the walkthrough and port spinacks and hershville were unaccessable at that moment. :) sorry for bothering.