Eresh or Euram???

A forum for people who have played the game concerning the Sun Rune War to answer gameplay questions.
longfu
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2005 11:42 pm

Eresh or Euram???

Postby longfu » Sun Apr 09, 2006 12:53 am

i'm about to recruit Euram/Eresh.... i dont know who to pick... help me out... wats the advantage of getting Euram or Eresh???

User avatar
son_michael
Posts: 2231
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2005 12:24 am
Location: New York

Postby son_michael » Sun Apr 09, 2006 12:59 am

ERESH ALL THE WAY

and I cant stress that more...eresh's dungeon contains an old book and LOTS of rare treasures and she's an excellent mage with a pale gate rune

euram cant even be used in battle...he brings nothing to the table

eresh is the obvious choice

User avatar
killey
Posts: 347
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2005 4:31 am
Location: Perth, Australia

Postby killey » Sun Apr 09, 2006 1:08 am

I agree with son_michael, go with Eresh on the first play through, get Euram on the New Game+.

longfu
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2005 11:42 pm

Postby longfu » Sun Apr 09, 2006 2:12 am

thanks.... ill take ur word for it

User avatar
Buff
Posts: 468
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2006 11:35 pm
Contact:

Postby Buff » Sun Apr 09, 2006 2:36 am

from what i read if you want to get euram you can always go into the extra floors of the underground ruins with eresh but leave before you face the boss just to get the treasures in it. but ya eresh is better than euram anyways.

tomriddle
Posts: 60
Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2006 11:50 am

Postby tomriddle » Sun Apr 09, 2006 10:45 am

killey wrote:I agree with son_michael, go with Eresh on the first play through, get Euram on the New Game+.


that's what im gonna do... i found that Eresh' dungeon is one good levelling up place (it'll get anyone to their 60s easy on one run) but it closes once you finish it :(

so yea, Eresh on first playthrough.. Euram the next

Eyedol
Posts: 87
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2005 9:01 pm

Postby Eyedol » Sun Apr 09, 2006 1:04 pm

tomriddle wrote:that's what im gonna do... i found that Eresh' dungeon is one good levelling up place (it'll get anyone to their 60s easy on one run) but it closes once you finish it :(

Not quite. Eresh's dungeon remains open until your assault on Stormfist, when it closes. Until then, you can keep going inside it ... in case you forgot to loot the treasure chests.

Then again, I always take Escape Scrolls with me and I used them several times to retreat back to Big Hole's entrance. It could have been a glitch for me.

Also, it doesn't seem to be affected by Oboro's 3rd investigation on Eresh.

tomriddle
Posts: 60
Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2006 11:50 am

Postby tomriddle » Sun Apr 09, 2006 1:39 pm

Eyedol wrote:
tomriddle wrote:that's what im gonna do... i found that Eresh' dungeon is one good levelling up place (it'll get anyone to their 60s easy on one run) but it closes once you finish it :(

Not quite. Eresh's dungeon remains open until your assault on Stormfist, when it closes. Until then, you can keep going inside it ... in case you forgot to loot the treasure chests.

Then again, I always take Escape Scrolls with me and I used them several times to retreat back to Big Hole's entrance. It could have been a glitch for me.

Also, it doesn't seem to be affected by Oboro's 3rd investigation on Eresh.


it closes once u beat the shade and eresh joins your party :( learned that the hard way

oh well ^^ newgame+ ... im goin for euram so :P

User avatar
killey
Posts: 347
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2005 4:31 am
Location: Perth, Australia

Postby killey » Sun Apr 09, 2006 5:32 pm

The only way you can return to it is if you have Eresh in your party.

reyjusuf
Posts: 35
Joined: Fri Apr 07, 2006 11:46 am

Postby reyjusuf » Mon Apr 10, 2006 2:27 pm

from the storyline's point of view, euram is the better recruit. adds more to the story.

Wererat42
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 1:33 am

Postby Wererat42 » Mon Apr 10, 2006 8:23 pm

Well, you do get some major clues to Jeane's identity if you go with Eresh... so either one adds to the story.

User avatar
Twighlight
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Apr 09, 2006 5:34 am
Location: Philippines
Contact:

Postby Twighlight » Tue Apr 11, 2006 9:32 am

uhhh so what exactly does euram do for you once you recruit him??
Stupid...

User avatar
patapi
Forum Moderator
Posts: 2515
Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2004 3:55 pm

Postby patapi » Tue Apr 11, 2006 11:26 am

Function-wise? He's a support character for your strategy battle needs.

s_word
Posts: 66
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 6:44 am

Postby s_word » Tue Apr 11, 2006 9:31 pm

Good thing is that Euram is easy to recruit but useless at everything. Eresh is a good mage but harder to recruit and you'll have to fight a tough boss.

User avatar
Clangeddin
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2005 9:33 am
Location: Italy

Postby Clangeddin » Wed Apr 12, 2006 6:13 am

s_word wrote:Good thing is that Euram is easy to recruit but useless at everything. Eresh is a good mage but harder to recruit and you'll have to fight a tough boss.


Well, as a character Eresh is not really worth the effort.

Zerase and Jeanne which are much easier to recruit are better mages...
Dont make the Big Show angry! XD


Return to “Suikoden V”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests