Help with protecting Lordlake or Lancar

A forum for people who have played the game concerning the Sun Rune War to answer gameplay questions.
KoboldsRule

Help with protecting Lordlake or Lancar

Post by KoboldsRule »

I've just reached the part where you have to protect one of these two towns. I've pretty much decided that I'll go with protecting Lordlake since the enemy will only be coming at me from one direction rather than three :roll: . After four attempts I keep losing by the enemy getting through to the town; mostly the cavalry. Does anyone have any advice for me?
<tba>
killey

Post by killey »

Take more archers with you then. You should basically have an archer for every cavalry, a cavalry for every infantry and an infantry for every archer. And each unit should have Barrage, Spells, Charge or Healing since most of the time you'll be outnumbered and you'll need to do damage to the enemy while taking as little damage yourself as possible. Also make sure you put a character with the Extra ability into Zerase's unit.
Lord Ragner

Post by Lord Ragner »

That's a good startagy for any battle really, but archer units are really needed for this battle. It would be best if you could put lots of barrage on these archer units or use the balista units.
KoboldsRule

Post by KoboldsRule »

I barely won that one! Actually, I won by whittling the enemy down to just barely below half strength. After two restarts - I had one guy who kept dying on me (the alcoholic guy). Very annoying. I finally decided to not use him at all and won after that.
<tba>