Beating the last boss with as little as possible

A forum for people who have played the game concerning the Sun Rune War to answer gameplay questions.
Foomerang

Beating the last boss with as little as possible

Post by Foomerang »

I'm aiming to get a good New Game+, which means I'll unequip most of my worthwhile orbs (Double-Edge, Boost, Fury) and my Saint's Cloaks/Corruption Shells. I have however two questions.

1 - What would be the best setup to beat the last boss with as little as possible? I've been using the best armor I can buy and I still get decimated (can't kill him fast enough). Also, are the two birds' attack physical or magical? Richard didn't even parry/dodge them once and they did a number on him, so I was thinking of going with a full party of casters/healers with good MDEF.

2 - Where are the physical and magical skill SS books? I only have S in magical and A in physical.
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

About the two bird things, I would advise you to ignore them. Use a possition such as the Tiger and put a character with alot of Defence and HP on the front. The two birds will then ALWAYS attack him. So just keep him healed. For the rest I would just go all-out with Rage and Star spells. When your party has been dmgd use a lvl 4 Creation spell. For the rest, go all-out and heal your characters every round.

EDIT: One of my chars evaded one of the birds attacks so I think its physical. Never seen a magical attack miss.
Foomerang

Post by Foomerang »

Alright, but I prefer the Striking Arrow formation. The birds still attack my front character, but the boss' beam attack only hits 4 instead of the whole party.

What about the two books though?
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

Foomerang wrote:Alright, but I prefer the Striking Arrow formation. The birds still attack my front character, but the boss' beam attack only hits 4 instead of the whole party.

What about the two books though?
The SS book for combat is in the West Palace.
sonic_Reaper

Post by sonic_Reaper »

I had some problems with healing using Creation; the hero in my game would always go last and thus I would be destroyed before it was possible to heal :o

I would recommend bringing some dedicated healers (more than one. Two is okay. Three is even better). You don't need much in the way of power house attacks, however healers (and quick ones) are very important.
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

sonic_Reaper wrote:I had some problems with healing using Creation; the hero in my game would always go last and thus I would be destroyed before it was possible to heal :o

I would recommend bringing some dedicated healers (more than one. Two is okay. Three is even better). You don't need much in the way of power house attacks, however healers (and quick ones) are very important.
That wasn't the case for me. He used Creation well before any attack.

EDIT: If Creation happens too late then use lvl 2 Creation when Health is relativly low(that will be casted alot faster) and in your first round use up Vermillion and Crimson Sky.
Foomerang

Post by Foomerang »

sonic_Reaper wrote:I had some problems with healing using Creation; the hero in my game would always go last and thus I would be destroyed before it was possible to heal :o

I don't have a problem with healing. Levi's Kindness Rain comes right after the two birds' attacks and Bernadette's comes right after the boss' move.

The problem is that I hit 0 MP before I can kill him. I'm using Yahr (Angry Dragon Rune kicks ass), Cathari, Prince, Richard, Bernadette and Levi. What I need is a tank to replace Richard with good HP and MDef. Any suggestions?
Sickpup

Post by Sickpup »

I found the True Men formation attack to be very useful. Since everyone was in the front row, no one ever got attacked twice in one turn, and no one was killed. So You could use the attack 2 turns, take the next turn to heal, then use the attack again.
"Master Flik, you are immature. But that immaturity, that honesty was something I coveted.

And I'm sure that is why Lady Odessa loved you..."
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

I used Zeraze,Viki,Miakis(Main healer with Cyclone rune and Shield rune), Galleon, Lyon and Prince. In fact, I did no Physical attacks whatsoever and Galleon was my tank. Viki just did all her lvl 4 spells( with the occasional Chain Magic) along with Zerase. Then offcourse their lvl 3 spells and so on. Miakis healed with Shining wind and Great Blessing. Lyon used the Twilight rune (lvl 2 creations and Vermilion sky. After that just physical I suppose) and the Prince just used LVL 2 Dawn rune and Crimson Sky. And offocurse his lvl 3 spell if Galleon dies.

In other words you might try to use more Magic attacks rather than physicals.
Sovereign Rune

Post by Sovereign Rune »

This is the way I beat the last boss, and I never got the Corruption cloak on my first playthrough.

I had Hero, Belcoot, Levi, Zerase, Jeane, and Lyon.

Most of the time I had the Hero using the Shield Rune to heal, and when not doing then, casting the third level Dawn spell and attacking. When the boss lowered everyones HP fairly low, I did Creation with Lyon to heal HP and do a bit of damage to the boss. I had Belcoot use his Falcon Rune on the Green bird, as it heals the boss. By casting 2-3rd level combo spells with thunder and rage, I managed to remove the two birds out of the way. The boss eventually restored the red one, but I beat him with Belcoot and the Hero/Lyon unite attack before he could restore the Green one.

Just widdle down all three parts of the boss with magic then start hammering the main guy with unites after that. I had Jeane healing with Kindess Rain at this point.

Bear in mind that I did not have any of the best armor equipped, except for the Sun Set, which doesn't carry over anyway.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

Considering you can BUY Double-Edge and Fury Runes, i would suggest just buy the amount you want for the first half of your new game+ and then buy as many as you want for your final battle. They're not THAT expensive if you fight in difficult areas with the money-making abilities.