How do I know if a character is permenantly dead?

A forum for people who have played the game concerning the Sun Rune War to answer gameplay questions.
CHRoNiC_WiLL

How do I know if a character is permenantly dead?

Post by CHRoNiC_WiLL »

I know I have lost a couple of units previously in a war battle but I'm not sure how I can check if they are permenantly gone. Would it say dead beside their name in the tablet of stars?
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

If their names are grey on the tablet then they are dead.
Sickpup

Post by Sickpup »

And during the battle, after the unit has been lost, a message will come and say "THIS PERSON HAS DIED."
"Master Flik, you are immature. But that immaturity, that honesty was something I coveted.

And I'm sure that is why Lady Odessa loved you..."
ComeBackKid

Post by ComeBackKid »

If a character dies in battle does that affect the overall recruitment of the 108 SoD? for example if you succesfully recruited all 108 SoD but 3 or 4 die, would that affect the ending you recieve at the end of the game?
Can’t hold on to the thrill
So I hope you find your will to follow through
What we’ve invented, I am now ending
Hold on to who you love
We are tryin’ to blow like dust since we were young
The mornings over, the day is in full swing.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Yes it does. It always does. You must have 108 recruit and alive to receive the best ending. Well, in some games there are plot related death exceptions like Yumi in Suikoden III.
Matt620

Post by Matt620 »

Yes it does. It always does. You must have 108 recruit and alive to receive the best ending. Well, in some games there are plot related death exceptions like Yumi in Suikoden III.
Yun, not Yumi.

There are no plot-related deaths here though. Any death to a character will affect 108 SoD
-M
elorocks17

Post by elorocks17 »

Well, during 1 battle, Norma was killed, and after that Ernst just seemed to dissapear from my lineup. Has this happened to anyone else?
s_word

Post by s_word »

elorocks17 wrote:Well, during 1 battle, Norma was killed, and after that Ernst just seemed to dissapear from my lineup. Has this happened to anyone else?
Yes thats how it works.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Related characters like Norma/Ernst and Isabel/Mathias will leave your army altogether when their partner dies.
Xeogred

Post by Xeogred »

For some reason I fear that that one huge guy, that you see at the Arena during the Gladiators Tournament has died. (he never really spoke).

He did join our army, I think? But I haven't seen him since.

I'm pretty far into the game, just recruited two Dragon Calvry Knights in the story (trying not to spoil much for those who haven't gotten that far)., but I don't think I've seen this character since.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

If you have already received the Tablet of Promise, check it out. Those who died will have their names blackened out.
Remo

Post by Remo »

You are talking about Zegai, right? He doesn't join you permanently during your escape from Sun Palace. He leaves you when you reach Howd Village because he is afraid he will be punished by Lord Borrows. You can recruit him later in the same spot where you met Logg and Lun (where they tried to steal gold). After you rectuit him he is in the shops area in your castle (he can train you in combat skills).
Rivera

Post by Rivera »

patapi wrote:Related characters like Norma/Ernst and Isabel/Mathias will leave your army altogether when their partner dies.
Ahh, that explains reports I've heard where Belcoot died and Marina vanished as well.
What is most important to you? Will you give me the happiness of taking it away from you?