double steel

A forum for people who have played the game concerning the Sun Rune War to answer gameplay questions.
kenshindono

double steel

Post by kenshindono »

can you double up the steel runes? most runes you can double but i was wondering if that would work. Since you only take 20% dmg with it on would you only take 10% with 2 on?
adezero

Post by adezero »

how did you get 10%? that's crazy math
kenshindono

Post by kenshindono »

i dunno half of 20% would be 10%
Kuromimi
Elite Member

Post by Kuromimi »

You're not taking 50% less damage from the rune, you're taking 80% less damage. I assume you're wondering if the damage will be reduced by 80% and then that new amount of damage will be reduced by 80% again from the second Steel Rune. Overall, you should be taking 4% of the damage if that works. I'm not sure myself; why not test it out yourself? Could get yourself a nice tank against physical attacks with that; surely Konami didn't overlook that though.
kenshindono

Post by kenshindono »

umm never said i take 50% less dmg, i said you take 20% of the total dmg. Same thing as it reducing it 80%

i dont think i have multiple steel runes, i 'll double check. I was hoping someone had already tried it out
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

Same runes never stack.
killey

Post by killey »

I tried double Killer Runes on Georg to no effect. Oh well, back to the drawing board to find a good rune to give him.
Aldo

Post by Aldo »

kenshindono wrote:umm never said i take 50% less dmg, i said you take 20% of the total dmg. Same thing as it reducing it 80%

i dont think i have multiple steel runes, i 'll double check. I was hoping someone had already tried it out
kenshindono wrote:i dunno half of 20% would be 10%
Uhhh....yeah, you did... you do realized 1/2 is the same as 50%, right?
kenshindono

Post by kenshindono »

are you sure same runes dont stack? i used 2 power runes and the dmg seemed to jump a lot more

edit: i had another unassembled steel rune in my storage and tried it out, no luck. i think since its an 'effect' and d oesn't just give stat mods it doesn't stack
Desides

Post by Desides »

killey wrote:I tried double Killer Runes on Georg to no effect. Oh well, back to the drawing board to find a good rune to give him.
Try a Power Rune.