criticals

A forum for people who have played the game concerning the Sun Rune War to answer gameplay questions.
kenshindono

criticals

Post by kenshindono »

hrm i always assumed criticals were luck based, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Nikea crits left and right, almost as much as george did at the start of the game and her luck is horrible. she does have very high acuracy and tech though, could one of those stats effect crit rates? Just wondering if anyone knew what effects it. Maybe its just based on the character themselves?
MrTomJoad

Post by MrTomJoad »

Have you raised her vtality skill, that would increase your crtical rate. Other than that I wouldn't know. For me it doesn't seem like any stat directly effects critical rate so maybe each character has a sort of hidden critical stat.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

i still think it's TECH and LUK. Tech probably affects a lot of goodies such as parry, counter, and critical..
kenshindono

Post by kenshindono »

hmm but theres no official info on what causes it i guess? no i havent messed with her vitality, she just crits a whole lot for me
Hypharse

Post by Hypharse »

I think luck does help with criticals. Although I think that stats are only something like 20-30% of the calculation for things like criticals or multiple-hits. There is probably some base affinity with each character that the stats modify to get the real percentage. For instance you get Cathiri with insane stats in speed, luck and technique, but she NEVER hits multiple times. Then you get Sagiri with less speed, technique and luck and she multiple hits almost every time.
MrTomJoad

Post by MrTomJoad »

Actually I think Cathari never does multiple hits because she is long range. I don't think Long range characters can do multiple hits in this game.
Lord Ragner

Post by Lord Ragner »

Actually there are a few who can like Lu.
MrTomJoad

Post by MrTomJoad »

Cool. So are you saying that all characters can do multiple hits but its just harder for some, or are there really some who just can't. I've tried just about everything to get Isato and Killey to do multiple attacks and it just isn't working.
kenshindono

Post by kenshindono »

i think multiple attacks is something that is also kinda hidden like crits. some characters with high speed and tech still dont do multiple strikes, i dont know its weird. I wish the devs or something would clear this up, i never have gotten a straight answer even back in SI, although it seemed it was more tech based back then
Seiryuu

Post by Seiryuu »

Every characters have their limit for multiple hit. Prince has 5(look at his unite or give him killer rune), Georg,Cathari & Killey just have single attack.
Critical rate 50% are based on characters IMO. My Isabel(Matthias gonna kill me) 2/3 attacks are crit with boost rune(actually a good rune because almost every battle can be done before the fourth turn)
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

Hypharse wrote:I think luck does help with criticals. Although I think that stats are only something like 20-30% of the calculation for things like criticals or multiple-hits. There is probably some base affinity with each character that the stats modify to get the real percentage. For instance you get Cathiri with insane stats in speed, luck and technique, but she NEVER hits multiple times. Then you get Sagiri with less speed, technique and luck and she multiple hits almost every time.
mutli-strikes and continuous atks are probably based on weapon weight as well.