Some question about Magic stats.

A forum for people who have played the game concerning the Sun Rune War to answer gameplay questions.
gradeAbra

Some question about Magic stats.

Post by gradeAbra »

Well i am curious to know how many lv4 magic does Lyon get at the end? Her magic stats is so weak and yet she receives the Twilight rune.

How many people in this game can receive more than 2 lv4 magic at the end?
Aldo

Post by Aldo »

If you can bump the magic skill to 450, you will get a third level 4 spell. With equipment, skills, anything that raises the stat.
rekcuf

Re: Some question about Magic stats.

Post by rekcuf »

gradeAbra wrote:Her magic stats is so weak and yet she receives the Twilight rune.
Nice spoiler there.
kenshindono

Post by kenshindono »

ACH ya wtf, tnx for the spoiler, change that asap or at least tag it. Yeesh
gradeAbra

Post by gradeAbra »

How to get magic to 400+?
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Re: Some question about Magic stats.

Post by Oppenheimer »

rekcuf wrote:
gradeAbra wrote:Her magic stats is so weak and yet she receives the Twilight rune.
Nice spoiler there.
Yes for gods sake, don't say things like that in the gameplay forum. I'm not that far and now that's spoiled for me. I'll move this to plot related even though it's gameplay just because you did that.
SpecialNewb

Spoiled for...

Post by SpecialNewb »

...me too though I highly suspected it would go either to her or Lym. Ah well, it's in the Suikoden V section so spoilers abound.

Did you try using stat-boosting items and armor as well as training her magic stats? Getting it around 300 should be enough I would think... I use Bernadette as my main mage and her magic skill is rather poor but has 2 level 4 magic slots. That's really all you need if you have a magic absorb rune especially.
Rivera

Post by Rivera »

If you somehow level 99 it (likely only through use of a mod device), some characters have 4 level 4s.

Of course I've only done that because I've already beaten the game fairly at this point.
What is most important to you? Will you give me the happiness of taking it away from you?
Matt620

Post by Matt620 »

Lyon's Magic goes up to S, you can probably get 2 or 3, like the Prince's.
-M
Aldo

Post by Aldo »

Hi Matt!! (I'm Dragon Breath on GameFAQS if you don't know...)

If you want to raise your magic really high, just put on a lot of items and skills that have magic+ on them. Pretty straightforward, but yeah... Since equipment and skills with Magic+ increase your MP, stack them to get your magic that high.
Desides

Post by Desides »

gradeAbra wrote:How to get magic to 400+?
Equip a Magical Rune.
Aldo

Post by Aldo »

Desides wrote:
gradeAbra wrote:How to get magic to 400+?
Equip a Magical Rune.
That doesn't work. It does 1.5x damage in battle. It doesn't actually increase the stat like that.
gradeAbra

Post by gradeAbra »

What i am saying is that i want to increase magic stats for the sake of getting more than 2 lv4 spell.
Aldo

Post by Aldo »

Your best bet is to put on equipment with Magic+, and use skills with Magic+.

The Magic skill is superior to any of the other magic skills, so long as it is the same level. All of the combination skills have skill level-1 in all of the combination skills. So if you have Royal Paradise for example on the hero at SS, it is like having all other skills equipped at SS-1, or S.

So your best bet is to keep the Magic skill on your character, and use any of the combination skills with the Magic skill in it ONLY IF the magic skill caps lower.

As I said, 450+ is when you get a third 4th level spell.