Rare Finds

A forum for people who have played the game concerning the Sun Rune War to answer gameplay questions.
MrTomJoad

Rare Finds

Post by MrTomJoad »

Has anyone else noticed the severe lack of Rare Finds in this game? It seems like the armor shops have a Rare Find about 5% of the time at most, and even when they have something it usually isn't even worth getting. Has anyone ever found a really good rare find item? The reason I ask is that there seem to be a lot of items people are having trouble finding, such as pieces of armor sets. Since nobody seems to check rare finds maybe thats where they are. I am trying to check for myself right now but as I said they just never seem to appear.
AlphaSigmaOne

Post by AlphaSigmaOne »

I have yet to find a decent item in the rare finds. But then, you get such good stuff from the area bosses it really isn't that big of a deal. And, if I remeber correctly the Rare Finds (or bargin item) in Suiko IV was never very good either.
Uh Oh
silvosforever

Post by silvosforever »

Found a Windspun Armor in Yashuna Village once. My Galleon is still wearing it.
MrTomJoad

Post by MrTomJoad »

Yes but later in the game you can buy windspun armor as a normal item in Sol Falena. At what point in the game was it in yashuna. If it was much earlier then it would be pretty cool.
Hunter Rose

Post by Hunter Rose »

Right after I won the battle at Doraat, I was able to buy the Windspun Armor in Yashuna, and Wind Hats (best in the game other than the Gray Hat, since it has no speed penalty and high defense) in a couple of places.

Actually, the Rare Finds can net you good items way, way earlier in the game than they would normally be available if you check often. SilverWhite Robes, SilverWhite Bracers, Flame Array Armor all showed up for me much earlier than you could otherwise get them.

And the Rare Finds often feature high-end armor that does not give a Speed penalty, making them much more desirable IMO. I almost never equip Heavy armor or Chain pieces even on characters who can wear them, because of the often high speed penalties. Speed kills in this game, you want it as high as possible on nearly every character.
MrTomJoad

Post by MrTomJoad »

Have you found any of the pieces to armor sets that people are having trouble finding. As far as I know no one has found the pale moon leather, or the body armor for the destiny set.