Ultra-Hard Enemies?

A forum for people who have played the game concerning the Sun Rune War to answer gameplay questions.
Kaiser

Ultra-Hard Enemies?

Post by Kaiser »

Hello there,
are there any places with enemies harder than those found in the last dungeon? Any ultra-hard (or ultra-rare) optional bosses or enemies like in Suikoden IV (Killer Golems and Ancient Crabs)? Something extremely challenging like that? Can't seem to find anything harder than the Nemesis centaur things in the final dungeon, the boss you have to defeat to get Eresh (does this re-spawn, by the way?), and the final boss itself.

Reading the forums I noticed someone mentioned Golden Suns and something called Shepcesska. Where do you fight these things? o_O
"Don't get mad, I'm just kinda saying stuff"
josiskrazy

Re: Ultra-Hard Enemies?

Post by josiskrazy »

Kaiser wrote:Hello there,
are there any places with enemies harder than those found in the last dungeon? Any ultra-hard (or ultra-rare) optional bosses or enemies like in Suikoden IV (Killer Golems and Ancient Crabs)? Something extremely challenging like that? Can't seem to find anything harder than the Nemesis centaur things in the final dungeon, the boss you have to defeat to get Eresh (does this re-spawn, by the way?), and the final boss itself.

Reading the forums I noticed someone mentioned Golden Suns and something called Shepcesska. Where do you fight these things? o_O
Shepcesska is the boss you fight in the Eresh event...i also found Hellsteed in that same room...the guide says its a boss...it was prolly the harder non story boss i fought...but i think that also has to do with it coming right after i finished off Shepcesska and not having a chance to heal...
Shinjite aisuru hito
Watashi no naka de kimi wa ikiru
Dakara kore kara saki mo zutto
Sayonara nante iwanai

Ano hi kitto futari wa
Ai ni fureta
Strange Fish

Post by Strange Fish »

try the horse thingy in twilight forst
Desides

Re: Ultra-Hard Enemies?

Post by Desides »

Kaiser wrote:Reading the forums I noticed someone mentioned Golden Suns and something called Shepcesska. Where do you fight these things? o_O
The Golden Suns are the bosses of the Lake Ceras ruins. You've already beaten them.

Shepcesska is only accessible when doing Eresh's subquest. If you've recruited Eresh, you've already beaten Shepcesska.
Kaiser

Post by Kaiser »

Oh...that's kind of shame. The Eresh boss was pretty tough though.
Well, I guess the next best thing is fighting Wyverns and Nemesis, but I rarely ever run into these things. I know where to find them, but they seem to be rare encounters (even with the Champion Orb).
I think you've all noticed that the sound while the sun shines during a random encounter is different if the enemy is going to be more difficult. Is there anyway sure-fire way to increase difficult encounters?
s_word

Post by s_word »

Kaiser wrote:Oh...that's kind of shame. The Eresh boss was pretty tough though.
Well, I guess the next best thing is fighting Wyverns and Nemesis, but I rarely ever run into these things. I know where to find them, but they seem to be rare encounters (even with the Champion Orb).
I think you've all noticed that the sound while the sun shines during a random encounter is different if the enemy is going to be more difficult. Is there anyway sure-fire way to increase difficult encounters?

What level were you when you fought the Shepcesska aka the Eresh boss?
Kaiser

Post by Kaiser »

About level 56 or so when I fought the Eresh boss.
Right now, the characters I use the most are at about level 64.