suspicious looking book?

A forum for people who have played the game concerning the Sun Rune War to answer gameplay questions.
kenshindono

suspicious looking book?

Post by kenshindono »

when i was running around exporinng i found a weird mysterious cloaked guy upstairs in the inn in the japanese village. He told me i had a bad forturne and then gave me a suspicious l ooking book. I havent found any use for this thing yet, does it come into play later or something?
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

Take the book, put it in storage. Sleep at Marina's inn, then go speak with chuck the next day. Take the book back to the inn and leave it with the maid. Then go to Estrice and talk with the old guy whose name I haven't remember how to spell yet. The rest is pretty much self explanatory.
I hope everything is going delicious.
Desides

Post by Desides »

Angelis_Taleria wrote:Then go to Estrice and talk with the old guy whose name I haven't remember how to spell yet.
Alhazred.
Belle

Post by Belle »

Is there a time limit on recruiting Alhazred? And is he completely missable? I heard you're supposed to talk to him in Rainwall early on. Problem is, I did so much in this game that I'd forgotten a lot of faces in the beginning, so I don't recall talking to the guy or even the name itself.

I'm asking this because I did get the strange book, put it in storage, and stayed at the castle inn, but when I go talk to Chuck the next day, he doesn't say a word.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

If you approached the Trading Center some time during your time spent in Rainwall, you probably talked to him. He was the man asking for a book at the Trading Center.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

he is a large dwarf or short/stout man with a huge backpack and talks about 'tomes'
Belle

Post by Belle »

Though I'm pretty sure I talked to everyone, he doesn't ring a bell. But as I said, that was a good 95 hours ago. I'm thinking I waited too long to do the thing with Chuck.

Oh well, next game!