[Guide] Strategy Battle units information

A forum for people who have played the game concerning the Sun Rune War to answer gameplay questions.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

i noticed this list is missing Lu. i think she provides 2 Barrages?
actually this list is simply incomplete. will have to fill it out sometime. i know the beavers are not all there.
SnowKing

Post by SnowKing »

Yes, Lu does indeed provide 2 Barrages.
And all six beavers are on the list: Fuwalafuwalu, Maroon & Moroon are Captains the other three are Leiutenants.
"Barking dogs may occaisionally bite, but laughing men hardly ever shoot."
Pokerface

Re: Strategy Battle units information

Post by Pokerface »

Cathari also has 2x Barrage as far as I remember. I like to put charges and recovers in my units. I think the good mix make a good army. Here is what I would recommend to the guys and girls who play Suikoden for the first time.

-Wilhelm, Mueller and Richard = this trio sure inflicts a lot of damage to the enemy
-Dinn, Norden and Silva = a good balanced cavalry unit with a doctor in it :)
-Georg, Galleon and Miakis = Falena's Finest hehehe
-Prince, Lucretia and Sairoh/Shinro (depends on the story part)
-Kisara, Logg and Lun = the Raftfleet Family sure is a good support unit
-Sialeeds, Josephine, Sairoh = very very effective magic unit.
-Cornelio, Bernadette, Fuwalafuwalu = when you are not in a sea battle, is this an awesome trio.
-Nakula, Egbert and Kyle = also a good balanced cavalry unit with charges and recover.
-Zerase, Norma and Shinro = Zerase with 2x Star Rune is DEVASTATING!!! Make sure you put one of those merchants with that EXTRA skill in Zerase's unit.
-Isabelle, Mathias and Ernst = also a good ballanced infantry unit with 3 charges and 2 recovers. Make sure you NEVER lose that unit.... all 3 can die in battle.
-Belcoot, Zegai and Murad = devastating attackers with a doctor in it... same here... watch out you don't lose that unit in battle.. Belcoot and Zegai can also die.

And when you're in a sea battle....

-Maroon, Moroon and Meroon = the beavers are invinceble in water. Just make sure they get enough healing.
-Fuwalafuwalu and Miroon = those 2 also rock in water AND Fuwalafuwalu has a flowing rune :)
-Graig Laden, Nick and Yoran = the Dragon Cavalry is also invinceble when in water. Just make sure they get enough healing.
-Rahal and Roog = look above.

So.. I hope it helps the Suikoden 5 beginners..

Pokerface
Mess with the best, die like the rest!
http://www.suikoden3.de
SuikoMJM

Re: Strategy Battle units information

Post by SuikoMJM »

Alright, I'm getting e-mail notifications, and when I come and look at a thread, I notice my newest posts aren't showing up. I see phpBB3 now, as opposed to phpBB2, which I'm directly linked to. Not sure what's going on. Guess I'll repost it...

---

I found that when you need a more damage control unit (not Zerase's specialty), especially when trying to get all of the items in a situation like the second Lelcar Defense Campaign (where the battle ends when the enemy falls to 1200/2400 and is constantly advancing), the Thunder skill is especially useful.

Jeane/Killey/Sairoh

Eresh/Josephine/Shinro

Both units will have 2/2 Thunder and 2/2 Rage.

Use Rage in direct combat, and Thunder at a distance. Start with Rage (Reduces 40% minHP) then use two Thunders at a distance (Reduces 30% maxHP) and it is capable of finishing off every unit in the game.

Very effective when you're trying to minimize damage specifically to the units you're looking to kill for items, since Thunder snipes them off. Also effective against the big dogs who have 500 HP in the end game, as that unit can single handedly bring them down without taking a scratch. Strong, equal, weak, it doesn't matter.

Zerase/Viki/Extra (2/2 Star, 2/2 Cyclone) is nice as well. After you've exhausted your Star Rune, you can get into direct battle a few times, before using the Cyclone Rune to heal. You get a lot of mileage out of Rune Archers in war.
Celes
Global Admin

Re: [Guide] Strategy Battle units information

Post by Celes »