Rune Animations in V

A forum for people who have played the game concerning the Sun Rune War to answer gameplay questions.
Wolfheart

Rune Animations in V

Post by Wolfheart »

Hey, I havnt got the game yet as I live in the UK. I'm really curious about the rune animations as that was like one of the only things that I was dissapointed about in Suikoden IV, i thought they were too simple and too similar for e.g from what i remember the Fire Rune ones were the pretty much the same animation on IV but it just got bigger as the more powerful it was. I thought Suikoden II had very nice rune animations, all different and very woooooooooooooow. So in your opinion. . . what are they like?
Master

Post by Master »

They made a lot of new special effects for some spells, overall they are probably the better looking spells of all suikoden games.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

They also made them nice-looking without taking two to three minutes to pull off, unlike Suikoden III. I'm not sure if that's true for certain other runes, since I haven't gotten them yet.
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

Jowy Atreides wrote:They also made them nice-looking without taking two to three minutes to pull off, unlike Suikoden III. I'm not sure if that's true for certain other runes, since I haven't gotten them yet.
And they made different animations for every spell rather than S4 where most spells of the same rune were just completely alike with the only difference being the ammount of times the animations is shown.For example Dancing Flames was just Flaming Arrow but then done on all enemies. I'm not sure these are the correct spells but you get the point.
Sun of a Studio

Post by Sun of a Studio »

Personally I don't like the animations that much. They're ok, but not spectacular. Then again I was a fan of the Suikoden III rune animations so maybe that's why I don't like them that much.
"If you can laugh at yourself everytime you fall down, people will think you're drunk"-Conan
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

the spells i've witnessed so far are better than 4 but most are uninteresting. i liked Suikoden II's and III's... some of V's spells are kinda okay (Breath of Ice comes into mind, maybe the Dawn 2nd spell but "meh"..... nothing else)
Wolfheart

Post by Wolfheart »

Ah cool, sounds great! :D I really loved on Suikoden II the final moves of the Thunder and Rage Rune where it went it to a little 3D video sequence clip, that was really cool and ha-ha! :twisted: Anyone seen the final moves of Thunder and Rage on V yet?
MrTomJoad

Post by MrTomJoad »

The creation magic that is made by mixing the dawn and twilight runes looks pretty cool.
Seiryuu

Post by Seiryuu »

The Shredding is the best of the series IMO

Lightning and thunder not so good

Fire OK

Others is new thing

Don't compare 3D and 2D effect.
gradeAbra

Post by gradeAbra »

What about the final Dawn rune and Pale gate rune spell? Are they cool?
MrTomJoad

Post by MrTomJoad »

I think the final dawn spell is kind of lame, and I dont use Pale Gate. But the last Twilight rune spell looks cool, creation magic looks real cool, and most final rune spells look good except lightning because all the lighning spells basically look the same.
Kaiser

Post by Kaiser »

I gotta say the final Twilight spell looks the coolest. Gives the impression of a whole lot of force and destruction.
"Don't get mad, I'm just kinda saying stuff"
gradeAbra

Post by gradeAbra »

I can't wait to see it. So is there any beast coming out when the spell is cast? I was hoping to see some dragon coming out like those true element rune in S3.
Master

Post by Master »

the element rune in S3 were true runes... so no you won't be seeing it on regular runes.
Sovereign Rune

Post by Sovereign Rune »

The Shredding is an improvement over the last games, however I much prefer the animation from Suikoden II over any of the other games. I was very disappointed with the effects on the Thunder rune in this game, they are fairly tame, whereas in Suikoden II they are huge Lighting strikes that were very impressive for the time. I just think that Konami could have done much more on the spells with the power of the PS2. I just hope this really improves whenever Suikoden migrates over to PS3 in the future, if it does.