extra damage from runes

A forum for people who have played the game concerning the Sun Rune War to answer gameplay questions.
MrTomJoad

extra damage from runes

Post by MrTomJoad »

When a rune says that you recieve double damage, like the double edge or the continual attack, does it mean just physical or does it include magic. I ask because my miakis had double edge and continual attack on and took 600 damage from a magic attack, and I know her mag defense isn't that bad.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

anybody able to confirm this one?
Buff

Post by Buff »

i can't say, never used any of them mainly due for the side effects of getting damange double if your hit. i say it's not worth it at all.
Biku

Post by Biku »

Like I've said before... the double damage isn't that bad. Here's an example:

Say you have 100 PDF and get hit by 20 before equipping the rune. After, you'll be hit by 40. Compare this to something like the power rune where your defense is halved, and you'll be getting hit by 90. The double damage effect isn't really that bad unless the character has low PDF.

Edit: Magic damage is doubled by double-edge rune. I'm unsure if the damage increases with every double though. While doing this, I was playing around with the fortune rune, I noticed that the max level gain was 10 levels per battle.