Egbert's not appearing

A forum for people who have played the game concerning the Sun Rune War to answer gameplay questions.
Porom
Banned User

Egbert's not appearing

Post by Porom »

I've been glancing at an FAQ so I don't miss too many members and, at the point where it says I should meet Egbert, he isn't there. I even looked at the GameFAQS Braska mine map to find him. Guy's nowhere to be seen, did I do something wrong or is this a bug?
Komataguri

Re: Egbert's not appearing

Post by Komataguri »

Porom wrote:I've been glancing at an FAQ so I don't miss too many members and, at the point where it says I should meet Egbert, he isn't there. I even looked at the GameFAQS Braska mine map to find him. Guy's nowhere to be seen, did I do something wrong or is this a bug?
You have to bring Lelei and Cius to you with the dwarf tunnels, and go to the far upper left.

and I don't know if its true, but I think you have to be careful when talking to him...not to press the button to bring up the next sentance until you see the little icon telling you that message box is over.
Porom
Banned User

Post by Porom »

Komataguri wrote:
and I don't know if its true, but I think you have to be careful when talking to him...not to press the button to bring up the next sentance until you see the little icon telling you that message box is over.
I have Lelei and Cius in my party. I used them to free the prisoner. I know where Egbert is supposed to be and have went there. The problem is Egbert -isn't even appearing-, I know I'm not supposed to hit X.. he's just not there. At all. :(
sisonpyh

Post by sisonpyh »

Porom wrote:
Komataguri wrote:
I have Lelei and Cius in my party. I used them to free the prisoner. I know where Egbert is supposed to be and have went there. The problem is Egbert -isn't even appearing-, I know I'm not supposed to hit X.. he's just not there. At all. :(
What part of the story are you on?
Porom
Banned User

Post by Porom »

I'm supposed to go to Lord Lake, but I stopped by to recruit Egbert and Map Maker Prisoner before then, as the FAQ says I should be able to. Only Map Maker was there.
Buff

Post by Buff »

well since i know that porom is far enough since they said they freed killey and takuma. but did you talked to him when you were at the sacred games? but that shouldn't matter since he would be there any ways.
sisonpyh

Post by sisonpyh »

Porom wrote:I'm supposed to go to Lord Lake, but I stopped by to recruit Egbert and Map Maker Prisoner before then, as the FAQ says I should be able to. Only Map Maker was there.
The gamefaqs map is wrong i believe, thats your problem. He is at the level below where that gamefaqs map shows him to be.
Master

Post by Master »

Just go to the most western corner of the cave and you will find him. If not just come back later because it happened to me often as well where some characters were supposed to be at some spots and they weren't there. Supposedly some sub events when recruiting some SoD delays other.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Okay, so I found egbert just fine, but I was pressing X like a madman and to skip his rambling. So, he didn't join me. He only ever says one line now when I talk to him. I now realize I should have been patient. Is there anyway to undo the mistake and still get him to recruit or should I reset?
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

Oppenheimer wrote:Okay, so I found egbert just fine, but I was pressing X like a madman and to skip his rambling. So, he didn't join me. He only ever says one line now when I talk to him. I now realize I should have been patient. Is there anyway to undo the mistake and still get him to recruit or should I reset?
I would reset. I do not think you can get him after skipping his ramblings.
Sovereign Rune

Post by Sovereign Rune »

I never had Cius and Lelei in my party when I went to recruit Egbert. He was there after I rescued Lucretia, I went back and he is on the left turn on the last "T" of the Dwarf Mine. You have to let him say his entire spiel without pressing the X button to make his dialogue faster. When the cursor pops up to move the text forward, that is fine, but not while he's actually in the middle of something.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Really? wow, Konami never used to be this vicious in recruiting the 108 stars. Like how am I supposed to know they don't want me to press X. It's not like I selected a dialogue to actual insult him (ala Simone in Suikoden II). I just sped up his dialogue. Hmph.

Edit: yeah, I know *how* do to it now. But once you've screwed it up once I'm guesing you can't go back and try again later.
Last edited by Oppenheimer on Sat Apr 08, 2006 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sovereign Rune

Post by Sovereign Rune »

Once you skip through Egberts' rambling, you can exit the mine and reenter... he will still join.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Ohhh really? I went to Agate and back and it didnt' change. But I'll try going all the way out instead.

Thanks!
Sovereign Rune

Post by Sovereign Rune »

Oppenheimer wrote:Ohhh really? I went to Agate and back and it didnt' change. But I'll try going all the way out instead.

Thanks!
I would try going all the way back to the castle....
I read a faq about finding him somewhere that said you can leave the mine back to the Dwarf Village and return.