Egbert's not appearing

A forum for people who have played the game concerning the Sun Rune War to answer gameplay questions.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

i read a post saying that investigating an unrecruited member (Whereabouts) can sometimes "reset" the problem... i haven't tried though
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Well what I did was go all the way back out of the dwarf mines via the Baska mines to the map. Then I used Viki to get back and walked all the way back and he said "Good to see you again Prince" and started rambling. So apparently the programmers did think of you screwing up being a possibility because they even gave him a different opening line before his rambling. I let him ramble and he joined so I guess it's just that you have to go all the way to the map and back, not just to the next screen and back.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

i had this problem with Taylor. i thought i was supposed to let him use the first room and later in the plot let him use another room.. but if you leave before recruiting him completely, he'll start from the first room again with the exact same dialogue!
Sickpup

Post by Sickpup »

Oppenheimer wrote:Really? wow, Konami never used to be this vicious in recruiting the 108 stars. Like how am I supposed to know they don't want me to press X. It's not like I selected a dialogue to actual insult him (ala Simone in Suikoden II). I just sped up his dialogue. Hmph.
Yeah, I find this pretty dumb. I never press X to skip dialogue. I press X to speed it up because I read faster then it is being scrolled.

But in terms of Konami being vicious, I am about to replay the game in hopes of getting all 108 and it seems like a really dificult task in this game for some reason.
"Master Flik, you are immature. But that immaturity, that honesty was something I coveted.

And I'm sure that is why Lady Odessa loved you..."
slapstick

Post by slapstick »

Sickpup wrote:
Yeah, I find this pretty dumb. I never press X to skip dialogue. I press X to speed it up because I read faster then it is being scrolled.

But in terms of Konami being vicious, I am about to replay the game in hopes of getting all 108 and it seems like a really dificult task in this game for some reason.

I have this problem too, thats why I set it the scroll spead to instant.

Have you tried that? Helps alot.