Pale gate rune

A forum for people who have played the game concerning the Sun Rune War to answer gameplay questions.
gradeAbra

Pale gate rune

Post by gradeAbra »

Well when can i first find one? Does this rune spell look better than ever?
MrTomJoad

Post by MrTomJoad »

You have to assembe it. I dont remember exactly where all the pieces where but I think most of them come from wars, and there was one in Dorrat I think.
Sailor

Post by Sailor »

Levi comes with one equipped as well.
Komataguri

Post by Komataguri »

But unless your group has high magic defense, or you are a masochist, I tend to stay away from the Pale Gate rune, since it hurts both you and your enemy....atleast the higher level spells do.
Master

Post by Master »

if you are a glutton for punishment just go all the way and use condemnation rune...and you get it by getting one of the SoD so yeah...
gradeAbra

Post by gradeAbra »

Only Levi come with this rune? When is the earliest i can use this spell?

Secondy how does pale palace look like in this game?
gradeAbra

Post by gradeAbra »

hi anyone?
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

pale pallace looks like blizzard only different colors and slight add ons

im tlaking about the second spell in the pale gate, I think thats the pale palace spell
Kaiser

Post by Kaiser »

I think Pale Palace is the final spell, no? If it is, its not as spectacular as it looked in the past suikodens (none of the Pale Gate spells are). They did away with the summon-like spells and instead made them look more like regular spells. Pale Gate rune takes a back seat to many other runes in this Suikoden, unfortunately.
"Don't get mad, I'm just kinda saying stuff"
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

well I thought the first spell and the final spell were really cool

pale gate isn't as good as in previous suikodens but...at least we got it, right?
Pollensalta

Post by Pollensalta »

Eresh also comes equipped with one.

(*mumble, mumble* too bad I can't get her for some ungodly reason *end mumbling*)
Purr.
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

I know this is a bit off-topic but... I actually dreamed that I found all Pale Gate pieces. Didin't get time to find a runemaster because I woke up shortly after( just after Georg dissapeared (for some reason he also had the Zodiac sword)).
Eyedol

Post by Eyedol »

The low-levels (which don't hit the party) look like cheap rip-offs of the elemental runes.

One of them, something that looks like a flying serpent comes from above and then Breath of Ice's spell animation is played.
gradeAbra

Post by gradeAbra »

Thanks. The spell animation are getting worse since S4. I really hope they all look like those in S3. S3 and S2 spell animation is by far the best.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

gradeAbra wrote:Thanks. The spell animation are getting worse since S4. I really hope they all look like those in S3. S3 and S2 spell animation is by far the best.
4's animations were the worst, I like 5's animations although it is nothing compared to suikoden 2 and 3