[FAQ] Egbert Pieces

A forum for people who have played the game concerning the Sun Rune War to answer gameplay questions.
gradeAbra

Post by gradeAbra »

Thats the end of my princess statue. ANy code for me to get that?
Kirkis

Post by Kirkis »

There's no real item codes or anything for Suikoden, just lame ones like "All Characters Max EXP" and other lame character codes that make the game unfun.
Kirkis

Post by Kirkis »

Side-Note:

I've gotten both the Princess & Ferid on my first tries, it's really not that impossible... here's some simple strategies...

Checkers: Just pay attention, get up to the TV, map out all the possible moves that your opponent can make, and be aggressive. Playing defensive on this AI never works, it also tries to avoid Eye for an Eye (Sacrifice your piece to capture his piece) moves almost always, so use that to your advantage, and good luck!

Capture: Okay, this is VERY easy... here's a very simple strategy, take the left or right side piece, and move it up to about the 4th row... (counting from the bottom), and then just slowly build a wall, moving up, preventing the pieces around you from escaping into your territory, then just protect yourself on the sides, by slowly building in from your two side pieces, eventually, you'll make an uber-wall. In fact, the way I captured Ferid, was that I ended up capturing all of his pieces at once! It was awesome!

Territory: Okay, this game is really easy too... just stick a piece in the corner... left or right, doesn't matter, and eventually, when your oponent only needs 1 piece left, he'll start manuevering around his piece back and forth, wait until he gets to the other side of the board (move around another piece in a square pattern), and then your piece SHOULD be able to make it in 2 or 3 moves, this same thing can be done on Hard mode too, it's just a little tricky.
Edgar

Post by Edgar »

ok im trying to get the Karmic Effect epic but while i was tryin to get the 108 guys i got sialeeds even though she has betrayed me already at this point and now i cant get resto but i do have 108 pieces so i was wondering did sialeeds takes resto's spot cause iv ran into ferid 6 times on entrapment already and i havnt seen resto once...
darkphoenix

Post by darkphoenix »

I got Sialeeds and Retso, I think retso appears in the the last minigames, conqueror.
Edgar

Post by Edgar »

no i found him he was in checkers for some reason...?
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

the gamefaqs guide is very detailed and pretty accurate on who appears in what game.
SuikoMJM

Re: Egbert Pieces Question ( Spoilers )

Post by SuikoMJM »

Finally beat those games myself. The wall strategy in Entrapment is flawless once you get the hang of it, and Conquerer is broken. Every game is a stalemate even on hard. The computer just seemingly gives up.

Only thing I had to get a little lucky on was Checkers, and I failed at Lymsleia a few times before finally landing her. Glad I came on here before I sold off the rewards.

So they're truly unique then? I'm not a fan of antiques, but I may as well hang onto them.
Mazinkaiser26

Post by Mazinkaiser26 »

By the way thay is not 112 piesces in the game
theay are 113
Eresh and euram both have theyre own piesces.

of course if you want both of them you have to go trough a new game +

so have fun!
Let's Rock'n Roll! (Black Arachnia)
I don't Rock'n Roll, I Buuurn! (Inferno)

Mazinkaiser
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

you can actually get both? i thought people said you can't get the other character's piece if you use new game+ no matter who you recruit in the new games.
Mazinkaiser26

Post by Mazinkaiser26 »

well to be absolutly honest
i didnt actualy finish a new game + yet but i was told by a friend that he did it
but i never really seen it done

so im sorry if i was wrong
but believe you me i will test myself.
Let's Rock'n Roll! (Black Arachnia)
I don't Rock'n Roll, I Buuurn! (Inferno)

Mazinkaiser
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

unfortunately in my new game+ i was experimenting with recruits and was working on a minimum recruit and such, and i found i had failed to be able to recruit Euram. i will have to new game+ that playthrough just to find out more info on this game.
Benthos

Post by Benthos »

I got all the pieces a month ago, just didn't got to beat the game and I'm tired to play it again. To get the rare pieces you must have a lot of patience and have to be at least a little smart to observe all the tactics of the three games.

Well, if you're a Lucretia-like, certainly you'll beat them in no time. (not saying that I am, of course)
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

Benthos, the question here is if you can get both Eresh and Euram's pieces. did you get both?
Benthos

Post by Benthos »

KFCrispy wrote:Benthos, the question here is if you can get both Eresh and Euram's pieces. did you get both?
No, I think there isn't how to get both.