Question about fishing.

A forum for people who have played the game concerning the Sun Rune War to answer gameplay questions.
fiffa46

Question about fishing.

Post by fiffa46 »

Ok, so every now and then while fishing (which I've been doing ALOT of) this giant monster swims threw and shakes everything around. You can't catch it (yeah, I actualy tried) so is there a point? I know there is this snake like monster which comes out of the water and atacks you at your base but that happened to me before I ever went fishing. So, is it trying to trigger an event which I am somehow missing?
Sailor

Post by Sailor »

As far as I'm aware, that's just Byakuren going feeding. I thought I saw the number of fish decrease right after he did that.
fiffa46

Post by fiffa46 »

ah, that would make sence. I hadn't yet recruited it, although I did late last night. Haven't done much fishing sence to see if it still happened or not.
Sailor

Post by Sailor »

It still happens. I noticed from time to time there would be a sea quake where my boat would be rocking around for awhile and I couldn't fish, but usually it was right after I had just landed a really big fish, so I was just thinking it was related to that. Recently I saw the snake thing go swimming under my boat when it did the sea quake, and since I've already recruited him, and I did notice the number of red dots decrease, I came to the conclusion that she's just feeding.
kenshindono

Post by kenshindono »

whats this sea monster you guys are talking about? i remember getting a letter about someone seeing a big white snake in the water, so i ran around the shore but never saw it myself
Sailor

Post by Sailor »

Do the fishing mini game. She appears every now and again.
Komataguri

Post by Komataguri »

Sailor wrote:Do the fishing mini game. She appears every now and again.
I've caught giant fish that were hard to real in, never caught Byak tho.
Hg_gt

Post by Hg_gt »

is there ne benefit to fishing other then getting the fish for the cook and recruiting that girl? I mean i won and got nothing....you would think there would be some wagers to throw up or something, or maby i missed something

Gt
Sailor

Post by Sailor »

Komataguri wrote:
You don't catch her, she just goes feeding through there once in awhile.
Hg_gt wrote:is there ne benefit to fishing other then getting the fish for the cook and recruiting that girl? I mean i won and got nothing....you would think there would be some wagers to throw up or something, or maby i missed something
Yes, you earn potch for winning it, and you also can catch unappraised pots and fish armor which you can sell for potch as well.
Komataguri

Post by Komataguri »

Sailor wrote:
Komataguri wrote:
You don't catch her, she just goes feeding through there once in awhile.
Hg_gt wrote:is there ne benefit to fishing other then getting the fish for the cook and recruiting that girl? I mean i won and got nothing....you would think there would be some wagers to throw up or something, or maby i missed something
Yes, you earn potch for winning it, and you also can catch unappraised pots and fish armor which you can sell for potch as well.

The likely hood of catching pots GREATLY decresses you get the aquarium.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

what is the aquarium?
fiffa46

Post by fiffa46 »

An aquarium is a glass structure in which you put gravle, water, and fish. The fish swim around and eat when you feed them. Oh, in the game... :P
Well, the cooks doughter runs the aquarium. I believe she raises fish for her father to cook but I haven't given her any baby fish yet. I also belive when you give her new fish they apear in the fishing game but again, I haven't given her any.

As for the fishing game the first time I won I got a dragon incense. Every time after that I just got potch. The potch was related to the total size of fish which I cought. The urns you can sell for ALOT of potch. The other items you can use as armor and they are even part of thier own set makeing the wearer very adept at water based magick I believe.
Komataguri

Post by Komataguri »

KFCrispy wrote:what is the aquarium?
I left it vague as not to spoiler.
Sailor

Post by Sailor »

Yeah, the fish you give Shun Min will then appear in the fishing game, plus there's one ultra rare fish in there which doesn't seem to do anything other than trigger a comment in the comment box, but it is some 500+ cm, so you catch it, you basically got an instant win.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

this is gonna sound stupid but...where can you buy the fish for shun mins aquarium? I remember seeing them in a store somewhere but I cant seem to find them now