When does this game gets serious?

A forum for people who have played the game concerning the Sun Rune War to answer gameplay questions.
Sickpup

Post by Sickpup »

Lechium wrote:Basically all suikodens go like this:
First everything is fine and dandy, but the threat looms over
Secondly things go to shoot, and civil war erupts
I think it's no spoiler that Prince will be exiled/have to escape (like heros in all suikodens were), and than will start fighting against the opressor. That's when game will start being fun.
Well, maybe you should have put a spoiler warning because maybe not everyone has played other Suikodens.
"Master Flik, you are immature. But that immaturity, that honesty was something I coveted.

And I'm sure that is why Lady Odessa loved you..."
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Marking spoilers for previous installments isn't required.
Sickpup

Post by Sickpup »

Jowy Atreides wrote:Marking spoilers for previous installments isn't required.
But by saying ALL Suikodens go like this. Doesn't that sort of make a spoiler for 5 as well?
"Master Flik, you are immature. But that immaturity, that honesty was something I coveted.

And I'm sure that is why Lady Odessa loved you..."
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Does this shock anyone? Surely no one thought you'd be some prince doing errands for the entire game. People know how the 'Suikoden formula' works, it's no surprise.
Lechium

Post by Lechium »

I apologize for possible spoiler, however didn't all of us sit though first few hours waiting for the conflict to erupt, and for prince to strike out on his own? I thought it was an assumption that people on these boards know the basic Suikoden forumla, and spoiler would be to say 'hey at this point game doesn't follow Suikoden foruma', rather than where the game does.

There's cnflict brewing from the first hours of the game, however, so shouldn't be surprise for anyone, but I'll just shut up before I spill any more spoilers *chough*Hamlet is not crazy he's just faking it*oough* lol
jonathan_priest

Post by jonathan_priest »

Well the good news is is that after you beat the game you can use the dash feature by holding in triangle. It makes the game go SO much faster so you can cut all the tedius travel time in half.
"It doesn't matter if the glass is half empty or half full...what matters is the glass."
Futagi

Post by Futagi »

Um...I haven't beaten the game yet, but from the very beginning I've been able to run by holding triangle.
Hello Suikoden-type people:D
Komataguri

Post by Komataguri »

I knew before I even played the game that the prince would end up being fulfilling the roles of his predecessors Tir, Riou, and Lazlo.

Outcasts set to overthrow tyranny and evil
tomriddle

Post by tomriddle »

Komataguri wrote:I knew before I even played the game that the prince would end up being fulfilling the roles of his predecessors Tir, Riou, and Lazlo.

Outcasts set to overthrow tyranny and evil
there's a saying..

There are no new stories, only the way the stories are told ever changes...