wow.. zerase

A forum for people who have played the game concerning the Sun Rune War to answer gameplay questions.
kenshindono

wow.. zerase

Post by kenshindono »

whoa. i just got zerase in my party and yowza, i dont think im gonna use her, shes too friggin good and her character bugs me. Looking at her stats shes obviously a pure mage, the only other pure mage i found was levi but i havent been able to get him yet so i have nothing to compare her too. are all the 'pure mages' in this game that powerfull? viki certainly seemed much weaker in comparison, i just threw an earth rune on her
Sickpup

Post by Sickpup »

Yeah, I was surprised when I saw her MAG. And she also has a special Rune that has great attacks. I'm in the middle of the game myself and I don't use her. Why? Because I simply don't trust her.
"Master Flik, you are immature. But that immaturity, that honesty was something I coveted.

And I'm sure that is why Lady Odessa loved you..."
Aldo

Post by Aldo »

Viki's Chain Magic makes her pretty powerful in my opinion...
Torou

Post by Torou »

Zerase is a terror on the battlefield. I gave her a Cyclone Rune and a Magical Absorb Rune and she's never against the ropes like that.

I find Jeane a pretty impressive "pure mage", too, though I mainly use her to heal with a Flowing Rune and take out small fry with Thunder.
kenshindono

Post by kenshindono »

hows chain magic work anyway? i seem to remember it was pretty wonky in III. would an earth rune negate its purpouse?

ya i dont trust her at all e ither
Aldo

Post by Aldo »

When she casts a spell, viki has a chance to cast the spell again without MP cost. I had her use her level 4 spells a few times.

Someone had said they had her use a spell 6 times in a row from it. That I am not sure, I haven't seen it. I only have the skill at A, but I'm definitely looking forward to when she get's an S, or maybe even SS. Then I'm going to stick my Rage rune on her... =)
Komataguri

Post by Komataguri »

Zerase deals quite a bit of damage with her weapon if you level it up, to.

Not as much as your heaviest hitters like Prince and Georg, but quite respectable damage none the less...far higher than the average magic user.

I used her quite often, She is generally a staple in my party unless the story requires her elsewhere
Desides

Post by Desides »

Zerase, Jeane, Levi, and Viki are the game's pure mages. Viki and Levi are probably the most balanced of the four, in that the game could still be reasonably challenging if you include them in your party.

Jeane, IMO, is a better mage than Zerase. Her Magic can be trained to higher levels, and equipping her with a Thunder Rune makes her slightly more damaging than Zerase. The only problem with Jeane is that she's slower than Zerase, but she can still get her castings off before the enemy attacks, so it's not too big a deal.

Of course, using either Jeane or Zerase in anything but a boss fight eliminates some of the game's challenge. There are times, though, when they're practically required just to survive--I'm thinking of the fight against Shepcesska.
Wodan

Post by Wodan »

Zerase' rune is so good I just put a Magic Absorb and Magical runes on her.

I dont use magic during random battles so her physical damage is a nice bonus. Not too shabby.
Hero: He said..He wanted some bread...

Cray: Hahahahah..
Wonderwhite!
Master

Post by Master »

frankly she can cast so much spells, I didn't bother leveling up her weapon and her tag team attack with Levi wow... gotta be one of the best coop attack of the entire game.
Chef Boyardee

Post by Chef Boyardee »

I gave her a Magic Absorb Rune so she wouldn't stop casting. Although I had Georg doing 8000 damage with double criticals, Zerace still got the highest damage award. I think she's probably one of the most overpowered characters in any Suikoden game, she had over 600 magic when I beat the game.
DawnRune

Post by DawnRune »

I'm surprised no one is mentioning Eresh. She's a pure mage as well, and even has a higher Magic stat than Zerase. She only has one open rune slot, though, which I think is why people tend to overlook her.

Personally I like her Pale Gate and Resurrection runes, and you could give her any kind of elemental magic you feel like since she has an A ranking in all five elements. I gave her a Mother Earth Rune, making her an awesome support mage, and when she doesn't need to do any support, she can use Pale Gate to attack. And I like her personality, too. :D