investigation question

A forum for people who have played the game concerning the Sun Rune War to answer gameplay questions.
kenshindono

investigation question

Post by kenshindono »

hrm s omethings been bugging me about the investigations oboro does. It seems like all he does inititially is find the characters whereabouts, i.e. where they are (and sometimes he cant even do that) There doesn't seem to be any hints on how to actually recruit them. Am i missing something, or do you just not get any clues in this game? Every other suikoden you usually got a clue or two. I'm having trouble with some characters, like levi. Even with the dawn rune he still wouldn't join
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

He sounds like more of a combo of Deborah and the previous P.I.s. Deborah never directly said anything to help you, but she would drop hints like "There's a couple waiting for you in Nay." (Kevin and Pam).

Now I understand all the recruitment problems people are having.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

That's probably because when you talk to the characters, they will tell you what you need to do to get them. Oboro just needs to let you know where they are. Considering how some of them have different requirements depending on how you play your game, I'm not surprised.
kenshindono

Post by kenshindono »

ya but some dont. i.e. that stupid old man in raftfleet that just keeps shouting about how his grandson (shiro or whatever) is doing

i was just hoping for some kinda clue, oboro's actualyl suprisingly worthless
Chaos_Zero

Post by Chaos_Zero »

He's value lies in investigating characters that you already have in your ranks. Insight into their lives and personalities, since Suikoden has too many characters to give them enough depth. I think they're getting better at giving their non-important SoD's some personalities.
The Miraculous Epidemic, Cruel Salvation, and Merciful Genocide.