Suikoden 5 Voice Actors

A forum for people who have played the game concerning the Sun Rune War to answer gameplay questions.
Howling_Voice

Suikoden 5 Voice Actors

Post by Howling_Voice »

Sorry, I really didn't know where to post this... So here goes.

I wonder does anyone know the names of any of the Voice Actors in this game? I heard a couple I recognise, but I cant put a name on them or where I heard them from... so yeah, 'lil help?

Plus, the Voice Acting is SO MUCH better than 4's I'm glad. XD
"Can you really mend the broken pieces of your shattered reality?"
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

I would think the suiko 5 gameplay forum would be the correct choice since this has nothing to do with the overal plot of suikoden 5

but anyway...I love the voice acting in this game, deffinetley top notch and I would very much like to see a list of names...which im sure ill see when I beat the game
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

son_michael wrote:I would think the suiko 5 gameplay forum would be the correct choice since this has nothing to do with the overal plot of suikoden 5
*sigh* yes indeed.

*moved*
Qbwpij

Post by Qbwpij »

Mona Marshall does Toma's voice. That's all I recognize.
Sailor

Post by Sailor »

I'm disappointed that in some instances the voices aren't muted even though I have them turned off. I think they're terrible.
Torou

Post by Torou »

I think this is some of the best voice acting I've ever heard. Pity I can't seem to find a full cast list, though, even in the ending credits. :?
BoZhangles

Post by BoZhangles »

The voice actor for Gizel Godwin's father (the name escapes me) sounds very familar - although I can't put my finger on the actor's name or where I heard it before.
Delsaber

Post by Delsaber »

The voice actor you're thinking of is Michael McConnohie, and besides his role as Mascarl Godwin in Suikoden V, he was also Glen in Suikoden IV. You may also remember him from such other roles as Margulis in Xenosaga I & II, Vox in Star Ocean III, Warriv in Diablo II... the list is longer than my arm.
"Bash his EXECRABLEMALEFICENT RANCOROUSDAMNABLEFACE!"
Leona's Bar @ last.fm! Take Anita home tonight!
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

You can pretty much expect this particular voice actor in every voice-acted anything (in English), since he's so popular. His also voiced Walter in Tactics, which was a very smart decision on Konami's part, since he actually matters, unlike Glen Cott.
Sickpup

Post by Sickpup »

Now, I really don't know. But I think Georg might be Beau Billingslea, the voice actor of Jet from Cowboy Bebop.
"Master Flik, you are immature. But that immaturity, that honesty was something I coveted.

And I'm sure that is why Lady Odessa loved you..."
suikodenherodrake

Post by suikodenherodrake »

Actually, Georg is played by Jamieson Price. He's known as the person in the pink shirt in the .hack://Liminality DVDs. Some other roles he had was playing Henry's father in Digimon Tamers, Hiragi-sensei in Mon Colle Knights, and Kato in Shadow Hearts: Covenant.

Leknaat, I know she was played by Wendee Lee in Suikoden IV, but in this it sounds like she's played by Mary Elizabeth McGlynn. She's been in a lot of projects: Ghost in the Shell, Wolf's Rain, Samurai Warriors, and the .hack series. She played Kika and Jeane in Suikoden IV and Tactics.

Wendee Lee played a lot of people in this game, I think: I think she voiced Viki, Sialeeds (definitely), and Jeane and many other female roles. She seems to like playing the seducetresses I noticed. She played Viki, Jewel, Seneca, and other females in Suikoden IV and Tactics.

Michelle Ruff, or Georgette Rose, played Lymsleia, Lorelai, and probably Lyon. Either that or Kari Wahlgren plays Lyon. I couldn't tell those two apart real well. Michelle played Paula in Suikoden IV and Tactics. Michael Sorich plays Cornelio and Fuwalafuwalu (try saying that name ten times fast). Shoon sounds like he was played by Steve Staley, who did the same voice for Andarc in Tactics.

To finish my stuff here, Mona Marshal also played the parts of Roy and Zerase. If you listen to one scene with Zerase you can tell it's her (you can hear her "Kite" voice when she's screaming).

Don't quote me on these though, I could be dead wrong on a lot of them.
Check out my Suikoden fic: Freiheit
WARNING: Season 1 may cause head-splodies.
R.I.P. Todd Davis
3-21-88 - 2-25-07
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Sickpup wrote:Now, I really don't know. But I think Georg might be Beau Billingslea, the voice actor of Jet from Cowboy Bebop.
Nope, that's Marlscarl Godwin, the same guy as Glen Cott and Walter.
SpecialNewb

Post by SpecialNewb »

Michelle Ruff has become one of my favorite VAs actaully. Also, I'm surprised Steve Blum isn't in this.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

Steve blum does voices for everything anime related, I dont think he does video games

not to mention he's the permanent voice for cartoon networks robot on toonami
SpecialNewb

Post by SpecialNewb »

son_michael wrote:Steve blum does voices for everything anime related, I dont think he does video games
Actually from IMDB:

Star Wars: Battlefront II (2005) (VG) (voice) .... Male Alliance Infantry 1
SOCOM 3: U.S. Navy SEALs (2005) (VG) (voice) (as Steve Blum) .... Mark Tepper
X-Men Legends II: Rise of Apocalypse (2005) (VG) (voice) (as Steve Blum) .... Wolverine, Omega Red
Destroy All Humans! (2005) (VG) (voice) (as Steven Blum) .... Psi G-Man/Soldier 2
Guild Wars (2005) (VG) (voice) .... Justiciar Hablion
Psychonauts (2005) (VG) (voice) .... G-Men/Lungfish Zealot/Tiger
Doom 3: Resurrection of Evil (2005) (VG) (voice) .... Additional Voices
God of War (2005) (VG) (voice) (as Steven Blum) .... Ares
Also, Sanjuro in the .hack games.