First Naval Battle...Twice?

A forum for people who have played the game concerning the Sun Rune War to answer gameplay questions.
Sun of a Studio

First Naval Battle...Twice?

Post by Sun of a Studio »

Hey everybody first off gotta say I'm loving Suikoden V. I don't know how anyone else feels about it but personally I think this one matches up to Suikoden II but lest me not speak so freely so early. I'm only on my way to Lake Ceras, but so far I think it's really turning out to be the best game I've played in a while. If only the camera wasn't so rigid, but other than that I've been anxious to see what happens next in the story every step of the way.

Now on to the real reason for my post. I was playing the first naval battle, I beat the opposing army and then went back into town. They told me to go report to Rainwall, so I set out, I got there and they acted like I hadn't done anything. I talk to your personal bodyguard and she doesn't say, "Congrats Prince!" she says, "Blankity Blank is in trouble we must do something!" So I go back to "Blankity Blank" and I do the same battle all over again with almost the same exact outcome. So now I have two of the same prizes and double the money from before. So I did the same "First Naval Battle"....twice. So I'm guessing it was a glitch, or maybe a highly intergral part of the story that I hopefully just didn't away.

Sorry if this was hard to read but I'm doing my best to be as spoiler free as possible, and personally I want every step in the game to be such a surprise (at least to me) that I tried not giving away names of towns or characters unless I had to.

So has anyone else experienced this possible glitch, possible I just gave away the biggest part of the game? If I've given away an important part then please delete my post. Thank you.
"If you can laugh at yourself everytime you fall down, people will think you're drunk"-Conan
Aldo

Post by Aldo »

Hey everybody first off gotta say I'm loving Suikoden V. I don't know how anyone else feels about it but personally I think this one matches up to Suikoden II but lest me not speak so freely so early. I'm only on my way to Lake Ceras, but so far I think it's really turning out to be the best game I've played in a while. If only the camera wasn't so rigid, but other than that I've been anxious to see what happens next in the story every step of the way.
Couldn't agree with you more on that one, that's exactly how I felt. In fact, one of my friends was over and was watching me play in the beginning. He has only played S1, and he loved it. He started playing 2 but his file got erased, and he never finished it (It was a long time ago, I'm coaxing him into playing it). Anyways, he was watching and he got really into the story. It was around 2AM and he had an 8AM chem lab and he just couldn't stop watching hehe.

Now on to the real reason for my post. I was playing the first naval battle, I beat the opposing army and then went back into town. They told me to go report to Rainwall, so I set out, I got there and they acted like I hadn't done anything. I talk to your personal bodyguard and she doesn't say, "Congrats Prince!" she says, "Blankity Blank is in trouble we must do something!" So I go back to "Blankity Blank" and I do the same battle all over again with almost the same exact outcome. So now I have two of the same prizes and double the money from before. So I did the same "First Naval Battle"....twice. So I'm guessing it was a glitch, or maybe a highly intergral part of the story that I hopefully just didn't away.
Now that...is probably a glitch. I did it once...I don't know how that happened that is quite weird. But hey, double the prize, double the fun! I don't think it will be a problem...?
Sorry if this was hard to read but I'm doing my best to be as spoiler free as possible, and personally I want every step in the game to be such a surprise (at least to me) that I tried not giving away names of towns or characters unless I had to.

So has anyone else experienced this possible glitch, possible I just gave away the biggest part of the game? If I've given away an important part then please delete my post. Thank you.
It was fine, I could follow what you were saying easily. And you didn't spoil anything, no worries.

So yeah....I think you found a glitch,
Seldio

Post by Seldio »

I guess that's the one that was already discussed about @ GameFaqs too.
It is said that you can do it over and over again for Potch and Flowing Rune Piece which is dropped from one of the enemies in that battle.

Ah well, a Suikoden w/o a Glitch or other kind of bug isn't a Suikoden at all. :lol:
Sun of a Studio

Post by Sun of a Studio »

Yeah, it's really a good game. I have a few nitpicks but nothing that big of a deal. Like the enemy encounters every four steps, and of course, the camera. I do really like the story though, it's go very well so far. Keeping me in suspense the whole way through.

Well it's good to hear that I didn't give anything away. I was thinking it might have been a technique the enemy was using to make you forget everything that just happened so you would have to do it all again, giving the enemy a second chance at victory.

It's bad to hear it was a glitch. What if I have that happen again at a much harder part in the game? I don't want to nearly get wiped out by an enemy only to have to nearly get wiped out again. On the bright side, things have gone a lot smoother since my "First" naval battle.
"If you can laugh at yourself everytime you fall down, people will think you're drunk"-Conan
Aldo

Post by Aldo »

I thought there were wayyyyy too many battles at first, I thought it took way too long to initiate the battle...but you get used to it. I got the Champion rune a little bit ago, and as tempted as I am to use it right now, the battles don't bother me anymore and it's extra Potch and Skill points.