Lack of Freedom

A forum for people who have played the game concerning the Sun Rune War to answer gameplay questions.
MrTomJoad

Lack of Freedom

Post by MrTomJoad »

Okay so I just fiished the game and was kind of mad. There was no point in the game where you could put anyone you wanted in your party. Either Georg was gone Lyon was sick, or your party was split up. Also you couldn't leave the final dungeon, so there was no point where you could take any six guys you wanted and play around.
So anyway I have heard that in a new game plus you can use Georg in the final battle, is there any other change in this way. Are there other characters you can use when you normally couldn't, can you leave the last dungeon, anything like that?
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

You can leave the final dungeon. Just talk to Lucerina.
ShardStar

Post by ShardStar »

I disagree I'm still in the begining of the game and I am quite able to put ANY of my current recruits in the party. I figure Georg is like Viktor who had to go on some missions or had to stay behind for one reason or another. Plus they did say Georg is a wanted murderer so that wouldn't make alot of sense to have him in your party and no one in the towns say or do anything.
Seldio

Post by Seldio »

Sometimes, some of the SoD's are not available because of advancing things in the plot.
That said, you almost have always enough freedom to set up your party.
Sure sometimes you "have" to take some of the SoD's with you ( because the story says so ) but there is always enough room left for your favourites you want to take with you.

And the final dungeon is the cut-off point after you managed to make your way through there with all of the three partys you formed - then there's no possible way anymore to turn back which means you have to decide out of 22 Chars which ones you want to take with you for the final battle.

And changes, well as you mentioned Georg paricipates into the final battle, there is said to be extra dialogue.
Then you keep all the Party SP, all Potch, everything you have in your Inventory left, all Skills ( reseted of course ), all tactics and very handy ~ you can Dash from the beginning of the game even if you don't have Cathari. ^^ Also you keep the play time.
Sailor

Post by Sailor »

For that everything you have in your inventory, is that just what you're carrying in your party inventory? Or when you recruit Chuck will he be holding on to all the stuff you had with him before? Probably not, huh.
MrTomJoad

Post by MrTomJoad »

Okay let me be a little more exact about what was making me mad. There is no point in the game you can use this team.
Prince
Lyon
Gerog
Galleon
Kyle
Miakis

They have a six way unite and to me look like the ultimate team. Not only would they be effective but also very cool and balaced. You have a tank, fighters, mages, healers, 5 different unite attacks, and everyone in matching uniforms. Just too cool. But you can't use that team at any point. One of them is always missing. So in new game plus you can use them in the final boss fight, but that looks like its the only time you can. Ans you can't leave that dungeon after your teams join up either. This is what I was talking about.
Seldio

Post by Seldio »

I'm sorry but that's not correct. It is possible to get this party set up.
If i remember correctly, then i did have it when i was assaulting Sol Falena.
And yes, the move is called Falena's Finest.

You can even have this party set up before the final dungeon.
It's just not easy to set this one up because Miakis and Galleon are joining a bit later in the game, and by that time Georg is on a trip again storywise but comes back after you helped the Feitas Dragon Cavalry.

As far as i'm reading through your post, i think you just didn't bother to check up on Luserina enough to set your party up like you want.

@ Sailor

I don't know. I haven't started with a New Game + playthrough yet, but i "guess" the stored items won't ship over - but it would be pretty cool if because i have a huge collection. :D
Levi

Post by Levi »

There are a few points where you can choose your own full party, but they are far and in between. Most of the time you're either stuck with Miakis or Lyon, and the badass characters like Kyle and Georg aren't always available. Though this is somewhat frustrating, they at least gave some plot reasons for it.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

You can always pick 6 characters of your choice. Even if Miakis or Lyon tags along, there's always the Entourage slots for you to abuse if you don't want to use these bodyguards.

Kyle and Georg are the plot errand boys in this game. Expect them to not be available from time to time.
killey

Post by killey »

Just Georg really, Kyle's available for almost the whole game except for the first bit before he shows up at Rainwall.
LGM

Post by LGM »

If certain characters aren't forced upon you, then the story has to be far vaguer. You'd never learn about them, plus the dialogue would be pretty dull, as the only Perma party member (for the most part) is the Prince who struggles to strike up conversations at the best of times. In essence your companions narrate the story.

This is Suiko 4's problem. With only 4 party members, you just had some stuff that happened. In 1 and 2 at least you had encounters that affected the people you were with.
Doo-Doo-D-Doo, Doody-Doody-Doody-D-Do....
MrTomJoad

Post by MrTomJoad »

I know it has to be that way for the story, and I enjoy it being that way. Im just saying it would have been nice if the new game plus allowed you to always use anyone you want. Seeing as how you already know the story.