Good Places to train in this game?

A forum for people who have played the game concerning the Sun Rune War to answer gameplay questions.
Serpent

Good Places to train in this game?

Post by Serpent »

I just got done with the queen's campaign now I want to know a good place to train at while I wait for Jeane's letter about Eresh.
You can close your eyes from reality but not memories.
YuberPesmerga

Post by YuberPesmerga »

You don't need the letter all you have to do is bring Jeane to the Big Hole or whatever it's called.
Pahn

Post by Pahn »

maybe the lunas forest? Fairly stong enemies there.
Mr. Toasty

Trane

Post by Mr. Toasty »

Whenever I train, I usually have Norma and Egbert in my party (for their Find Potch skills). Murad and Marina are lifesavers; also be sure to bring somebody with Escape Route just in case (it makes retreating easier). I also try to equip Prince with the Prosperity armor and boots to increase the Potch I get. I'm not quite where you are, but I've found these to be good, tough places.

--Outside Sable, or the mountains.
--Outside Doraat; Iron Golems are very frequent.
--The Big Hole. Both the path and the dungeon.

Also, it will help you to equip somebody with a Great Firefly Rune, which increases enemy encounters. Bear in mind that the fewer party members you have, the more experience you get.

Isn't there a Rune (Fortune?) that increases experience?
Seldio

Post by Seldio »

There is one, but it is split into 4 pieces. And since there are only 4 pieces in the whole game, you can only make 1 Fortune Orb. I was only able to get 2 pieces at all.
Rhin

Post by Rhin »

There are more then 4 Fortune Pieces, I seem to recall getting random pieces from one of the "Hard" enemies you fight in the last area. Pretty sure it was a Centaur thing.
Seldio

Post by Seldio »

Woot, now that's a good thing. Yeah i remember a Centaur, which dual wielded Swords...he appeared once for me but the only item i think i got was a Scorched Earth bodypiece.

If this one drops Fortune pieces, then i guess it's pretty rare.
killey

Post by killey »

-Fortune Piece found at Rainwall
-Fortune Piece found in a secret room that Viki can accidently teleport you to (unconfirmed)
-Fortune Piece reward from Victory+ in the final strategy battle (2nd Sol Falena battle)

I'm just not sure where one is, provided the Viki thing is true.
Sailor

Post by Sailor »

Well, I just had it happen to me, so I can say for certain that the Copper Sun enemy, at least the ones I'm fighting on Ashtwal Mountain, drop Fortune Rune pieces.

EDIT- Also the Billioneyes from the same place can drop them as well.
Komataguri

Post by Komataguri »

Sailor wrote:Well, I just had it happen to me, so I can say for certain that the Copper Sun enemy, at least the ones I'm fighting on Ashtwal Mountain, drop Fortune Rune pieces.

EDIT- Also the Billioneyes from the same place can drop them as well.

Where is Ashtwal Mountain?
Seldio

Post by Seldio »

It's the last dungeon of the game. You can reach it through Founder's Ground in Lunas ( with this i mean the purification spring )

Meh, why does the Billioneyes drop them in Ashtwal Mountains but not the ones in the Underground Ruins. :?
I did fight lots of 'em there. Stupid little alien freaks.
Well looks like i'll spend quite some time in the last dungeon to get at least 3 Fortune Orbs. ^^
DawnRune

Post by DawnRune »

killey wrote:-Fortune Piece found at Rainwall
-Fortune Piece found in a secret room that Viki can accidently teleport you to (unconfirmed)
-Fortune Piece reward from Victory+ in the final strategy battle (2nd Sol Falena battle)

I'm just not sure where one is, provided the Viki thing is true.
I can confirm the Viki one. It's in a locked room inside the HQ, although it becomes unlocked after she teleports you there. She can also teleport you to some giant tree that you can't get to any other way, with another chest there (but I don't remember what was in it).
Seldio

Post by Seldio »

There's a Blinking Rune Piece inside it with which you can summon on stand-by SoD's. ( Never tried that item myself, but that's what the description said )
killey

Post by killey »

You can use it to replace team mates with anyone else that you've recruited (provided they're currently available)
Sailor

Post by Sailor »

Seldio wrote:It's the last dungeon of the game. You can reach it through Founder's Ground in Lunas ( with this i mean the purification spring )

Meh, why does the Billioneyes drop them in Ashtwal Mountains but not the ones in the Underground Ruins. :?
I did fight lots of 'em there. Stupid little alien freaks.
Well looks like i'll spend quite some time in the last dungeon to get at least 3 Fortune Orbs. ^^
Because those enemies in the Underground Ruins are Millioneyes, not Billioneyes.