lightning ring

A forum for people who have played the game concerning the Sun Rune War to answer gameplay questions.
kenshindono

lightning ring

Post by kenshindono »

hrmm whats the lightning ring do? all it says is lightning attack +1

thats not the lightning rating, because it doesn't change the rating for that element.. does it add lightning dmg to your attack? if so is it worth it, i never really noticed a diffrence in any suikoden games with the element pieces you put on the weapon

if it doesn't do that then what does it do?
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

it might affect lightning magic offense, i haven't played much at all, but the status screen's elemental affinities might just show the natural affinity since it relates to defense affinity as well (i think?)
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

I have 2 fire rings and an earth ring so I know what they do, its bassically the exact same thing as suikoden 3, magic of that particular element gets increased by 1

if your fire magic stat is C then equiping a fire ring will make it B
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

You're confusing the rings with Amulets. Amulets raise affinity, rings do not.
I hope everything is going delicious.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

that cant be, I know I have fire rings on killey and I know they increase his magic in the fire elemental category

im not talking about amulets
Aldo

Post by Aldo »

Amulets raise the affinity in the stat screen by +1 one element, and -1 the other element.

The description on the lightning reads "Lightning attack +1" and I believe it does not increase the letter grade on the stat screen.

As far as the amulets go, I still have to check if they actually increase the damage. I don't know if the letter grades necessarily have to do with the damage you will do like the rune affinities in the other games, it may just be the elemental defense, or it could be both. I'll have to look into it when I get some time to play...
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

Aldo wrote:Amulets raise the affinity in the stat screen by +1 one element, and -1 the other element.

The description on the lightning reads "Lightning attack +1" and I believe it does not increase the letter grade on the stat screen.

As far as the amulets go, I still have to check if they actually increase the damage. I don't know if the letter grades necessarily have to do with the damage you will do like the rune affinities in the other games, it may just be the elemental defense, or it could be both. I'll have to look into it when I get some time to play...
I equiped fire rings on killey on before I ok'd the equip in the top right corner I saw killeys letter in fire magic, The letter was upgraded

you guys dont have to believe me but magic rings increase the grade of whatever element there for

ive seen it myself
Last edited by son_michael on Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Only the Flame Ring increases affinity, Fire Rings just increase the attack.
AlphaSigmaOne

Post by AlphaSigmaOne »

Could it possibly have something to do with the elemental swords?
Uh Oh
Aldo

Post by Aldo »

son_michael wrote:
Aldo wrote:Amulets raise the affinity in the stat screen by +1 one element, and -1 the other element.

I equiped fire rings on killey on before I ok'd the equip in the top right corner I saw killeys letter in fire magic, The letter was upgraded

you guys dont have to believe me but magic rings increase the grade of whatever element there for

ive seen it myself
Well then, it probably was as mentioned above the Flame ring instead of the fire ring. I know the actual lightning ring, listed as Lightning attack +1 does not increase it. However, maybe there is something like a Thunder ring that does?

So if it says "element" attack +1 it doesn't increase the affinity on the stat screen.
If it says "element" +1 it does increase the affinity on the stat screen.
kenshindono

Post by kenshindono »

ya the lightning ring definatly does not increase your rating. i put it josephine and her rating didn't go up at all.

So basically if it says 'lightning attack +1" am i just to assume that this will increase dmg with lightning spells even without a letter raise? it really didn't seem to add any extra dmg with physical attacks. I guess its possible that it has to do with the sword runes too, i dont know.