What determines which Rune a character can and cannot equip?

A forum for people who have played the game concerning the Sun Rune War to answer gameplay questions.
Orochi_Rockman

What determines which Rune a character can and cannot equip?

Post by Orochi_Rockman »

I jumped with glee upon completing my Ressurection Rune and then was quite upset to see that I couldn't equip it to the Prince. It wouldn't go on his Left Hand OR his Head.

However Zerase and Jeane could equip it to their Left Hands...

>_<; I was SO looking forward to equipping him with that Rune....
amadeusx

Post by amadeusx »

I would like to know this too. It's frustrating to find out a character can't equip something and you don't know what it is that determines it
Sailor

Post by Sailor »

Some characters can't equip certain runes, like the Drain rune, if you try to attach it to their non-weapon hand. Not sure what was up with the Resurrection rune though.
Sickpup

Post by Sickpup »

I have a question that I think fits in this category. I notice there is a little circle next to Runes that cannot be removed. But I noticed on Sialeeds' head rune, I can't equip anything yet, but there is a little circle next to the head icon. What does this mean?
"Master Flik, you are immature. But that immaturity, that honesty was something I coveted.

And I'm sure that is why Lady Odessa loved you..."
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

youll see later on....try to put it out of your mind
Shikton

Post by Shikton »

Hurray for the obvious spoiler... blech...
I am Shikton, the Slayer of Bunnies.
Desides

Post by Desides »

Shikton wrote:Hurray for the obvious spoiler... blech...
I wouldn't call it a spoiler at all. I've noticed that a lot of characters have a blue circle next to their head slot.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

I honestly never even noticed a blue circle on any rune slot on any character...
amadeusx

Post by amadeusx »

I didn't notice it on Sialeeds. But I think I saw one on Faylon or Faylen. It was on the head slot too I believe. I always thought it was there to show that, that rune can't be removed as I saw it on Zerase too. Or maybe its a note to show that you can't put a rune there or something.