Party SP

A forum for people who have played the game concerning the Sun Rune War to answer gameplay questions.
Stormfist

Party SP

Post by Stormfist »

I have accumulated about 9300 party SP and have no idea what to do with it.. What exactly is it's use?
DawnRune

Post by DawnRune »

You can use Party SP to boost skills of characters who don't have enough SP for skills. For example, say the Prince has 200 SP, and you want him to upgrade a skill that costs 300 SP. His personal SP would go to 0, and your party SP would go down by 100. The nice thing is, anyone can use it, so you can train characters you've never used before to make them better.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

i thought there was some transfer penalty like it costs more than the required party SP to use them for a character? or was that to send an individual char's personal SP to the party SP?
killey

Post by killey »

You have to pay an extra 10% SP (I think) when transfering from a character's SP to the total.
Aldo

Post by Aldo »

Yeah for every 100 SP, you need 110. So if you want to transfer 600, you need 660 SP to do so.

It's pretty useful in the beginning of the game when you have limited members and the two DoReMi elves. It will really build up your party SP quickly.
kenshindono

Post by kenshindono »

maybe it'll come into play later but right now im almomst 30 hours into the game and have no use for sp points at all. everything caps at C grade and i dont notice that much of a diffrence with skills anyway. i have a huge pile of group sp just rotting away. a little over 10k i think
Stormfist

Post by Stormfist »

No, no. It doesn't cap at C, you just need to have the right people to upgrade it further. Georg Prime will take you to A on combat, and Zerase or Levi will take you to A with Magic.. both such amazing upgrades. When you go to A, I pretty much parried most of the monsters attacks and countered near the end of the game. So yes, it does make the big, huge difference.
Last edited by Stormfist on Thu Mar 30, 2006 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
kenshindono

Post by kenshindono »

what? i had george with me for a while and i still could never go past C.
Stormfist

Post by Stormfist »

You used his Skill to tutor you right?
Yuber8900

Post by Yuber8900 »

You need to find certain items to help increase the Training cap with your Home Base Trainers.
Feh
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

You need o have the approproate manuals for battle skills and magic skills to have your own tutors (Georg, Zegai, Zerase, Levi, and Eresh) teach you skills beyond rank C. These manuals are scattered throughout the game, and can get your tutor's skill up to SS.