Sweet Sun Gods!!!

A forum for people who have played the game concerning the Sun Rune War to answer gameplay questions.
Hg_gt

Sweet Sun Gods!!!

Post by Hg_gt »

Hahaha they brought back the Sun Gods!! I loved those guys but this time they were SUPER hard. I dunno about anyone else but that battle used up everything i had to win and took FOREVER. Supprisingly no one died but i could see how it could be a part people would have trouble with. Main thing i did was i had the weak people just use Meds and keep grabbing them from my inventory while attacking and runing the right god to death. Once i got him down the other one went fairly easily.

Anyone else beat them on the first try? Man im REALLY getting into this game now its really looking good =)

Gt
DawnRune

Post by DawnRune »

I beat them on the first try... barely.

Out of my entire group, the only people still standing were the Prince and Lorelai. Prince was constantly attacking, while Lorelai was in the back casting spells and healing the Prince whenever he got hit. The only time she ever took damage was from the magic, and her Magic Defense was so high she only took about 2 damage each hit. She's a main member of my party, now. :D
Shikton

Post by Shikton »

I didn't find it too hard, just really boring actually. They never damaged me enough to pose a threat, and what with Hero's first Dawn Rune spell I just removed status effects when they affected more than 2 members of my party. I hadn't sharpened anyone's weapons except Hero and Lyon, so neither of the other party members did any damage except with scrolls and runes, which were used up superfast. Talk about tedious... Luckily I got both Hero and Lyon berserk, so their combo did a great deal of damage. :)
I am Shikton, the Slayer of Bunnies.
Mikalakatov

Post by Mikalakatov »

That battle was LONG @_@ Zweig almost died 3 times in the battle. But I beat them on the first try. I was also glad that the Sun Gods were brought back.
Hg_gt

Post by Hg_gt »

ya it was a bit tedious. I hadnt sharpened any of the others weapons either so when they ran outa scrolls/runes tehy were healing others. I got hurt quite a few times when tehy did the Earth rune spell (i think it was an earthquake spell) that affected all in the party and as well as the cold spell which did the same.

Oh and a question as well. Before everyone got to the Sun God did anyone have problems with the Ghost Shields?!?! Jesus lol most of my players were hitting like 1-10 points so i hoarded up a ton of spell papers of the fire spell and just let them go to town on them because it was REALLY annoying when there were 3 Ghost Shields and only the main and one other charecter were doing any damage worthwhile.

Gt
Shikton

Post by Shikton »

I didn't bother with the random battles in the ruins, especially not the shields. No way in hell am I going to use several minutes on a random battle.
I am Shikton, the Slayer of Bunnies.
killey

Post by killey »

I didn't think the battle was hard at all. The hardest thing about it was that I had the bright idea to silence everybody only to find that only my characters were silenced. :(
hoon

Post by hoon »

I found them easy like all of the boss battles in this game. It's rather disappointing ;/
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

I only lost 1 of my characters, zerase and Killey preety much dessimated them
Kuromimi
Elite Member

Post by Kuromimi »

I had many forms of healing during this battle, but I was really surprised how much damage it took just to take down one of them. Once the first one was down, they had managed to piss off the Prince, Lyon and Lun, so they were all affected with the Fury status. Oddly though, the second one seemed to take just as long, if not longer. ;_;
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

1 was magic and 1 was physical it probably took you really long time because you kept attacking the magic 1 with physical or the physical 1 with magic, I killed the magic 1 easily but the physical 1 took work and healing, unfortunatley at that point I hadn't gottten the hang of using formation skills...so circle formation and true men formation were wasted because I was too stupid to take advantage of what I had

now I know how to use my formations, circle and true men are the best and cresent is good when you wanna prepare to get attacked by magic
Desides

Post by Desides »

hoon wrote:I found them easy like all of the boss battles in this game. It's rather disappointing ;/
Someone hasn't fought Shepcesska yet.

The boss battles aren't the hardest in the world, but that's more than made up for by the difficulty and frequency of regular battles.
Wodan

Post by Wodan »

I found the Furball rare battle harder than these guys.

I didn't even use to Dawn Rune until I recruited Genoh. DMG vs all or Horizontal Column spells are lots more useful.
Hero: He said..He wanted some bread...

Cray: Hahahahah..
Wonderwhite!
Hg_gt

Post by Hg_gt »

One of the things you have to consider since you all are mentioning Killey...I havnt collected many charecters, thus it was a hard battle for me. Heres kind of my listings of charecters (im VERY bad with names so bare with me here =)

Main char
bodyguard
beaver
conductor
the mysterious man
the girl with the whip (loreli?)

ya, like i said im bad with names hahaha so as u can see not much power there lol. Conductor sucked, beaver sucked, mysterious man sucked, girl with whip was good with her high end lightning spell, her other ones were ok to use. But those are the people i had at the time...not the best group...so it was a little more difficult for me....the medacines i gave them all and kept grabbing out of the inventory REALLY came in handy =)

Edit:As for the dawn rune i havnt even used it because all i have is the statis changing spell so far...i think im around level 30 so the dawn rune does me no good lol.

And im not sure if i have fought the furball rare battle yet. Well ima go watch a girls college softball game now...mmmmm lol

Gt
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

They're all mentioning Killey even though none of them had Killey when they fought the fight you're referring to. They're probably confusing what you're talking about with the near-identical enemies within the Twilight Forest.
I hope everything is going delicious.