The dilemma

A forum for people who have played the game concerning the Sun Rune War to answer gameplay questions.
Serpent

The dilemma

Post by Serpent »

Should I recruit the mysterious Eresh or the moron Yuram? How hard is the boss you have to beat in order to get Eresh do you guys think I could take him right after I just got done with the Queen's campaign?
You can close your eyes from reality but not memories.
DawnRune

Post by DawnRune »

I just beat that boss about 10 minutes ago... not too tough, if you have the right strategy. Definitely go with Eresh.

As for the boss, use a formation that has one character up front (like the Tiger formation). Put a character with really high defense in front, and have them defend the entire fight.

You also need someone with a high Magic stat and a Mother Earth Rune. Levi works well here. Have him cast his 4th level spell (the one that blocks magic for the entire group) immediately, and cast it again every time the boss uses its lightning attack. It only took me two castings.

A healer is also good, to keep the guy up front healed up. Other than those, use your best damage dealers. The boss has a high Magic Defense, so if you use magic make sure you're using a powerful enough mage to still do decent damage (Jeane and Zerase are good choices).

The boss only has two attacks: a lightning attack that hits all allies for a bunch of damage (blocked by the Mother Earth Rune's lvl 4 spell), and a physical attack it uses on whoever is in the front row. The physical attack does a TON of damage, and will probably kill whoever it hits with one shot (unless they're defending or really lucky).

Hope that helps!
killey

Post by killey »

Put Belcoot up the front, he should live through the attack.

Also make sure once you beat the boss, stay in that room and run around until you encounter a unicorn on fire, it drops some good stuff and gives a lot of experience.
Last edited by killey on Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Serpent

Post by Serpent »

killey wrote:Put Belcoot up the front, he should live through the attack.

Also make sure once you beat the boss, stay in that rune and run around until you encounter a unicorn on fire, it drops some good stuff and gives a lot of experience.
What about Richard up in front do you think he would be a good tank?
You can close your eyes from reality but not memories.
DawnRune

Post by DawnRune »

Richard and Belcoot will both work, although I just used the Prince.