Returning Characters? And the Prince's name?

A forum for people who have played the game concerning the Sun Rune War to answer gameplay questions.
[Blitzkrieg]

Returning Characters? And the Prince's name?

Post by [Blitzkrieg] »

Alright, I have two questions, I did some searching and couldn't find the answers to my questions.

First off, the Prince's name, what is it exactly? I know the hero's name is Riou in Suikoden II, and I know I read the name somewhere, but I lost it.

And are there any returning characters from the series at all, besides Viki and Jeane, or is it all new?

Thanks in advance.
DawnRune

Post by DawnRune »

There is no 'official' name. The closest thing to official is the name Farouche, but that's only because it's a cross between him parents' names in the Japanese version, I believe.

Same with Riou, actually. It's not official, that's just the name they used for the hero in the book.
[Blitzkrieg]

Post by [Blitzkrieg] »

Oh, I always thought it was somewhat official, guess I still have a bit of learning to do.
Seldio

Post by Seldio »

The only characters you see again in SV are Jeane, Viki, Lorelai and Killey.
shadow1

Post by shadow1 »

Seldio wrote:The only characters you see again in SV are Jeane, Viki, Lorelai and Killey.

How could you forget Georg of all people? :P

Falkirk
killey

Post by killey »

There are references to other characters and also relations (ie. Warlock and Nelis). There's also Shun Min who appeared in Suikoden II as a chef.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Not really much of a gameplay question though, is it?
Seldio

Post by Seldio »

How could you forget Georg of all people? Razz
Damn, you're completely right. How could i have forgot him?
Well but yes, that are the 5 characters. Aside from that, there are quite some references to characters from older games and other quite interesting background information on current mysteries.

Aww, there's no excuse for that ~ well i'm pretty much half asleep already and a bit of a headache because i'm non stop working on a complete Case Report Guide.

Hm, and i don't see this thread here as a gameplay question either - better be moved to Plot Setting.
Hikusaak The Great

Post by Hikusaak The Great »

DAMN!!!! Konami didn't put Sierra the sultry vampiress in Suiko V! How dissappointing!! :evil:
"War is like a game. The best nations wins, and the weak nations loses."
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

Hikusaak The Great wrote:DAMN!!!! Konami didn't put Sierra the sultry vampiress in Suiko V! How dissappointing!! :evil:

She would not have had any reason to be there what so ever. It would make more sense for the Zodiac Sword to be there. I suppose you could say that Zerase is it's representation...

And, this sure isn't a gameplay question at all...
I hope everything is going delicious.
FlikViktor

Post by FlikViktor »

If you want to be technical, add Restuo to that list of returning characters. He didn't play a major roll in Suikoden 2, but he was still there for the Cooking Side Quest.
suikodenRocks

Post by suikodenRocks »

leknaat but i guess shes in all of em
Komataguri

Post by Komataguri »

killey wrote:There are references to other characters and also relations (ie. Warlock and Nelis). There's also Shun Min who appeared in Suikoden II as a chef.
No

Retso appeared as a Chef, Shun Min [ This isn't a spoiler since it was covered in suikoden 2 FFS ] dies somewhere between S5 and S1, protecting a recipie on that chef island or something.

That is...IIRC.