formation question

A forum for people who have played the game concerning the Sun Rune War to answer gameplay questions.
kenshindono

formation question

Post by kenshindono »

some of the formations its a little tough to figure out what counts as what position.

since medium characters have a penalty to hit in anything other than a medium spot i was looking for some clarification on a few formations

in ones where theres only about 2 rows. like standard, or goose. does the 2nd row count as mid or long? are certain boxes just designated as short and certain boxes medium/long, ect, or what? it seems like crits and double attacks also get off more if your at the correct distance so this is kinda important
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

kenshindono

Post by kenshindono »

hrmm.. no that cant be right though, dragonmaster says:

"Put M characters in the 2nd or 3rd line, S characters in the 1st or 2nd, L in the 3rd or 4th, otherwise accuracy drops."

but the manual clearly states that long range users are good at any distance. Unless the manual is wrong

my main question is how the squares break down. Ttheres 4 rows. Is it the first 2 rows count as S with the 2nd also counting as medium? that seems a bit odd

the way id guess it works is first row is short, 2nd and 3rd medium, 4th long, but im not really sure. i was wondering if t he strat guide or anyone has messed with this
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

i can attest to that, if anything ive noticed long range fighters lose attack strength when there in the S row, not accuracy

M range dosent seem to lose attack but they do seem to lose accuracy when in the back row

and S fighters lose attack strength when in the back row and sometimes they miss

this is all my experience though, lots of people disagree with me
Harmonian Zealot

Post by Harmonian Zealot »

M fighters also lose a lot of accuracy when they are put on point in the front row, as well.

S fighters, obviously, perform poorly from the 3rd row and beyond.

And putting a Long Range in the front row sort of defeats the purpose of a long range weapon, don't you think? :lol:
~~YOU WIN BY PINCER ATTACK!~~
Chaos_Zero

Post by Chaos_Zero »

Formations ONLY affect accuracy, and frequency of being attacked. Not attack strength. Aside from the given bonuses, I mean.

At least that's what the faulty guide implies...
The Miraculous Epidemic, Cruel Salvation, and Merciful Genocide.
amadeusx

Post by amadeusx »

I noticed that formation does affect the attack or it might just be me. But it affects mostly affects accuracy. I had lyon in the last row once (she was my mage for a while and I was using sorcery) and her attacks didn't seem as strong and before but that might just be me.

When was forming a party to go somewhere I accidently left Belcoot in the same spot and his attack and accuracy wasn't up to par as before.

Now that I have some free time I formed my team full of characters with the Treasure Hunt ability to find some rune pieces (I hope the affect stacks) and having no S range characters I have the prince in the front row I think, and his damage seems to be the same but he misses sometimes.

I haven't had anyone with L range in the front row yet so I don't know about that.
Shikton

Post by Shikton »

Doing the tests on the same enemies? Keep in mind different mobs have different stats. So if you hit less or deal less damage on some mob, it doesn't necessarily have to do with the placement of the char. Of course, the accuracy part pretty much speaks for itself. S-range in the back row is pretty much doomed to miss more.
I am Shikton, the Slayer of Bunnies.
amadeusx

Post by amadeusx »

I forgot if its the same mob or not, but it was at the same time and same area. I think one time was after a battle and you had to run through the city and it had random encounters in it.
Chaos_Zero

Post by Chaos_Zero »

I have tested, and the attack damage is similiar...but my accuracy is seriously compromised.
The Miraculous Epidemic, Cruel Salvation, and Merciful Genocide.