whats up with the venom and poison runes?

A forum for people who have played the game concerning the Sun Rune War to answer gameplay questions.
kenshindono

whats up with the venom and poison runes?

Post by kenshindono »

first whats the difference between venom and poison? is venom j ust a stronger version of poison?/

2nd... is it just me or are both the venom and poison runes utterly worthless. i tried equiping the venom rune to a character and they just imediatly poisoned themselves on the 2nd attack. Is this bugged or are they suposed to poison yourself? i f so that makes them pretty damn worthless
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

I think those runes work best with throwing weapons, this way there's no way the character can poison himself, I put a venom rune on killey and I have had it on him for a long time and he dosen't get poisoned/venom but the enemies do

EDIT forget what I said...killey just got poisoned by the venom rune... I have a new theory though, it only happens{in my experience} when your fighting bats or the poison spewing creatures....so maybe the poison and venom runes can backfire on you only when you fight specific creatures? cause killey has had it for a long time and he was fine
kenshindono

Post by kenshindono »

*scratches head* you know what that makes no sense. oh well screw it, theyre kinda crappy runes even without backfiring, i'll just sell them
Dura Sinai

Post by Dura Sinai »

Yeah I have learned quickly that the venom rune, no matter who has it, is just as likely to poision themselves rather than the enemy.

However if one is dropped, it is an easy couple thousand potch.
fiffa46

Post by fiffa46 »

selling them is the only good use I have found for them, and I have found ALOT of them. :shock:
Pahn

Post by Pahn »

me too, and Lyon got poisoned almost with almost every attack she made using the venom rune, so I just sell em all now.
kenshindono

Post by kenshindono »

funny how they made some runes so much better this time around (killer rune, ect) and some so crappy, like these. I also wish they would list ALL the effects. None of the ones that unbalance or do something bad ever mention it in the description for some reason